most embarrasing record..

Started by scorpio, May 20, 2012, 05:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scorpio

!! its time to own up !!  whats your most embarrassing record you ever purchased..

..better still do you still have it..

Street Worm

Easy, the 45  'Je T'Aime...Moi Non Plus' by Jane Birkin  & Serge Gainsbourg in 1969  :P

Sean

Sean

Nope.  Wait.  I think it was this one...

ParasiteHilton

The Jewel lullaby CD. And I'm a metalhead.
A real dead body is given away to some lucky person at every performance!

neonnoodle

"Superman Theme and Other Disco Hits" at a record show about a year ago.
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

Illoman

I actually stood in line and bought a copy of Michael Jackson's Thriller for my then-girlfriend/now-wife! I was a confirmed, die-hard prog-rock head back then, so that took a lot of guts (and love).  ;D

Unknown Primate

Olivia Newton-John...  Two of them...  "Let Me Be There" & "Have You Never Been Mellow".   And, I wore them out!
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

BlackLagoon

Quote from: Illoman on May 20, 2012, 08:27:08 PM
I actually stood in line and bought a copy of Michael Jackson's Thriller for my then-girlfriend/now-wife! I was a confirmed, die-hard prog-rock head back then, so that took a lot of guts (and love).  ;D

Hey if we're going that route...no one loves metal/punk/hardcore more than me. It's part of what defines me as a person! Having said that and leaving out anything personal or legal about MJ...good music is good music. Thriller and Off The Wall have some damn good tracks on em!

I own Rod Stewart's Greatest Hits and the Saturday Night Fever sound track.....here's the deal: It was my sister's sweet 16 and my mom was being neurotic as usual. The DJ was about 5 seconds away from getting fired and mom gave me her credit card and said "Go get some normal music"....I rushed to the mall and came back with a bunch of crap, but for whatever reason I........still have those 2 discs in my possession after 10 yrs.  :o
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

scorpio

blacklagoon you know why you still have them its because you love them really,
you just hide them when your friends come round..

charp13

Alvin and the Chipmunks complete boxed set

scorpio

now that is embarrassing thanks for owning up.   :-[

marsattacks666

WASP, self titled LP. Really embarrassing. But.....whatever.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Dr Spankenstein

Quote from: marsattacks666 on May 28, 2012, 11:07:14 PM

That's a great album!  Don't be embarrassed by that!

BlackLagoon

Quote from: marsattacks666 on May 28, 2012, 11:07:14 PM

WHAT?! Why would you be embarressed by that album?! The older I get the more I appreciate W.A.S.P...the music is there, Chris Holmes was on fire! Theatrics, debauchery and a solid blend of great rock and awesome metal. It's the perfect combo of early Crue meets early Slayer--I wish more bands did that, it would be a genre of it's own!

I actually just bought the remaster that has "Animal" on it as the 1st track and a few unreleased songs...Show No Mercy is friggin EPIC!

Long live Blackie Lawless.
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"