Songs that give you "the creeps".....

Started by charp13, May 23, 2011, 10:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seed_murda

"A man who limits his interests limits his life."
— Vincent Price

ParasiteHilton

Definitely "Cloudy Since You Went Away" by The Caretaker. Listen to it and imagine listening to it in an old haunted hotel (like in The Shining)

The Caretaker - Cloudy Since You Went Away
A real dead body is given away to some lucky person at every performance!

marsattacks666

R.I.P., Ian Curtis
Joy Division - Dead Souls
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

charp13

Oh,I looked at the Joy Division post and thought it was one of the "brings you to tears songs".  That song does make me misty eyed.

charp13

I either had to resurrect this topic or go get some counseling.  I heard a creepy song on XM 70s radio today and I almost drove over an embankment. I tried to see the name of the song but it only gave a partial title and I haven't researched it yet. It was by an artist named JOE TEX, and he was yelling out stuff like- "I gotcha" and "you thought I wouldn't getcha". It was strange and gave me a weird feeling. I'm not sure if I heard it when I was younger, or not. I may have blocked it- hahahaha! 

Paladin

Songs that can give one the willies (IMO) usually come from movies or movie soundtracks.
"Traveler of both time and space..."

Type3Toys

For me, Guns-N-Roses version of "Live and Let Die".
I have never heard a worse vocal in all of my 51 years of living.

marsattacks666

Quote from: charp13 on June 02, 2012, 11:22:02 AM
Oh,I looked at the Joy Division post and thought it was one of the "brings you to tears songs".  That song does make me misty eyed.

I agree. Plus Ian Curtis had a way of conveying  Joy Division's music as a whole different entity.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Paladin

Quote from: Type3Toys on March 29, 2013, 11:31:55 AM

:D  Agreed   ;)
"Traveler of both time and space..."

marsattacks666

Quote from: Type3Toys on March 29, 2013, 11:31:55 AM

Wow, I would have to disagree. :D   I prefer the GnR version over the boring original.
( Here comes the hate mail) Lol! :D ;D

Monster Kid

"White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane has depressed me all these years because it is about drug abuse and it really seems to have no positive outcome.
I also did not like "Mother's Little Helper" for the same reason.  Any song about drug abuse is creepy to me.

Flower

I like "You Really Got Me" by the Kinks but Van Halen's cover .. creeps me out.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

Hepcat

Quote from: Monster Kid on April 23, 2013, 10:53:56 AM"White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane has depressed me all these years because it is about drug abuse and it really seems to have no positive outcome.

I also did not like "Mother's Little Helper" for the same reason.  Any song about drug abuse is creepy to me.

I didn't realize there could be a positive outcome to drug abuse.  If that's precisely what you take from these two songs, they've done a very good job indeed.

Mothers Little Helper Rolling Stones (w/ lyrics)

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

Monster Kid

Oh, I guess I wasn't clear.  What I meant was, the two songs lacked any reference to ending the drug abuse.  That would have been a positive outcome.