Songs that give you "the creeps".....

Started by charp13, May 23, 2011, 10:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Lester

Joy Division led by the late(way too early) great Ian Curtis always gave me a bit of a chill. Listen to the lyrics with the dark haunting music. Love this band.

Joy Division - 05 - New Dawn Fades

CreepysFan

Everything by Air Supply or Michael Bolton gives me the creeps.  I'd rather hear cats screeching.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

dadabigalow

Remember the "classic" song "Love Roller Coaster" by the Ohio Players? Well when it was on the charts in Rochester, the rumor was that one of the screams in the song was that of a real woman being murdered. Apparently, the song was recorded in the band's apartment, and a woman was being killed by an intruder. After I heard the rumor, and heard the scream on the radio.
Well,... I knew it was true. I mean Casey Kasem reported it on "American Top 40". Casey Kasem is like the "Warren Commission" of Music. 
To hear the scream check the link below.
http://www.snopes.com/music/hidden/roller.asp

I remember being maybe like 12, I fell asleep listening to the radio. In the middle of the night I woke to hear "They're Coming to Take Me Away". Now I knew the song, but when that music started.... Woooo..... I got about half way through the song, before I shut the radio off. for the longest time that song really creep-ed me out.  But I'm Ok with it now.........Really.

They're Coming to Take Me Away Hahaaa!

Dadabigalow

"Go now - and heaven help you!" .... Maleva

Unknown Primate

" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

charp13

AGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!   UP!! I did NOT enjoy your video!!!!!!   But it's the creepy thought that counts........so I thank you!     :)

marsattacks666

Quote from: Wicked Lester on May 24, 2011, 06:42:20 PM
Joy Division led by the late(way too early) great Ian Curtis always gave me a bit of a chill. Listen to the lyrics with the dark haunting music. Love this band.

Joy Division - 05 - New Dawn Fades

Lester, what a nice pick......and an awesome group.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Unknown Primate

Quote from: charp13 on May 30, 2011, 07:44:28 AM
AGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!   UP!! I did NOT enjoy your video!!!!!!   But it's the creepy thought that counts........so I thank you!     :)

Hush... Hush... ggege   >:D

bigbud

Flower.......No love for RUSH?  If there hadn't been a Led Zep, Rush would be at the top of my list. What incredible musicianship and power from a 3 member band!
   Hey, back in my younger days  I was creeped out by a song that told the story of a young guy that had a great time on a date with this girl.....she disappeared.......he goes to her house to find her and her father tells him this is a terrible prank to be pulling, his daughter died one year ago tonight. Don't know the name of it, but gave me chills......anyone remember that song?  Buddy

charp13

bigbud- That sounds delightfully CREEPY!  I wonder what it is.......  There was a song about a lady named Angie that was out in the 70s that was weird, but I don't think that was the same plot you described. Somebody around here will guess it....oooooooooooh 

Illoman

Quote from: charp13 on June 03, 2011, 08:27:36 PM
bigbud- That sounds delightfully CREEPY!  I wonder what it is.......  There was a song about a lady named Angie that was out in the 70s that was weird, but I don't think that was the same plot you described. Somebody around here will guess it....oooooooooooh

Charp, you're thinking of that weird Helen Reddy song, and you're right: it's very creepy!!!

charp13

Illoman- I looked up Angie Baby, and I now have the missing pieces on that song. WERID! The boy turned into a "soundwave"?? That song was alot creepier in my mind than the explanation on Wikipedia   :)
Inkfink- That song gives me the Mega-Willies! Dean Stockwell is so good in that movie, and Dennis Hopper- Brilliant!!  But that song.....it gives me goosebumps- eeeeek!!

Unknown Primate

I have a cd with songs I downloaded and I included some strange ones.  PP's version of HUSH, HUSH SWEET CHARLOTTE and Al Martino's recording of same.  And yes, ANGIE BABY is on it too! 

And this song - TIMOTHY - I had (might still have) the 45.  Was pretty creepy when it came out.  Listen to the lyrics, then re-watch it and read what they say about it.

"Timothy" the Buoys