What's your favorite Horror themed band, or Horror themed music

Started by marsattacks666, October 15, 2010, 05:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombiology

OK, another thread I wish I would have found before this  ;D

Probably would have to start with the older classics but nothing new from what has been said before.  First got into stuff like Roky and the 13th Floor Elevators as well as Donovan's Season of the Witch and Arthur Brown's Fire.  But I would have to say it really started with Bobby Pickett a few years before that.  Didn't really hit the peak with me until Alice Cooper released Love it to Death and Black Sabbath's first album.  Both are too well known for me to go into details but I absolutely loved Alice's concerts back then.  And Black's first album was the ultimate horror/progressive album that has never been matched.  Also love the Ghastly Ones for their surf and humor.

As to soundtracks, no one is better than Bernard Herrman.  Bought a double album of his at a garage sale only to come home quickly in my excitement to find Wayne Newton vinyl inside.  (The horror!!!)  Learned then to always check records before buying them.  Did the same thing with CDs later when I thought I was getting Metallica's Black album for my son.

I will say this thread is giving me plenty of new bands to check out.

zombiehorror

Quote from: The Creeper on February 02, 2012, 02:04:04 AM
She is a cutie and Creature Feature are awesome.  Wish they had more then one cd.  That is all I can find.

The Greatest Show Unearthed   
And It Was A Dark And Stormy Night​.​.​.
from 2011 but looks like it is only available thru MP3 download?!

scott_of_smeg

Misfits, obviously.

One band I haven't seen mentioned is Cradle of Filth. I haven't listened to anything of recent years and I understand there is only one original member remaining, but there isn't a Halloween that passes without putting Dusk And Her Embrace on the record player. It definitely sets the mood. 

Cradle of Filth - Funeral In Carpathia
"Quite a good scene, isn't it? One man crazy — three very sane spectators."

marsattacks666

I'm so glad this tread I started was resurrected, rom the dead. Lol.
Because, there are so many cool Horror-themed bands and music.
Music that spans from the 1800s to present day.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."