Hepcat

Elvira's buddy Reptilicus scored his own comic magazine:

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on September 23, 2015, 08:54:17 AM
Elvira's buddy Reptilicus scored his own comic book covers:
Those are cool, Hep.  8)

I haven't been able to complete the Reptilicus/Reptisaurus run yet. Only have a couple of issues. Seems like they just never come up on fleaBay. I thought I would never finish Gorgo and Konga, but the Repti run seems much harder to find than those two. Sometimes we just have to be satisfied with what we have, but it's tough to do that with the collector mentality.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

Quote from: horrorhunter on September 23, 2015, 02:55:19 PMI haven't been able to complete the Reptilicus/Reptisaurus run yet. Only have a couple of issues. Seems like they just never come up on fleaBay. I thought I would never finish Gorgo and Konga, but the Repti run seems much harder to find than those two.

Charlton comics are a particular bitch to find. Not only did they not sell well at the time compared to the offerings of competing publishers, but Charlton's production values were so cheap that Charlton comics were even more prone to falling apart after repeated readings/kid abuse.

:(

Hepcat

Gory Glenn

Needs no introduction

A Mike Hill Creation

Basil Gogos

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on September 24, 2015, 08:16:54 AM
Charlton comics are a particular bitch to find. Not only did they not sell well at the time compared to the offerings of competing publishers, but Charlton's production values were so cheap that Charlton comics were even more prone to falling apart after repeated readings/kid abuse.

:(
Quite true.

I recall reading that Charlton had their own printing operation, which probably saved enough to keep them going as long as they did. But, the printing (and especially cutting) jobs on Charlton's books was poor quality, and it showed. This no doubt fueled the perception that Charlton books were substandard, and led to them being more readily tossed in the quarter boxes at conventions in the '70s and beyond. Wear and tear was punishing in those cheap boxes which hastened the demise of many a book. Now, most of the quarter box fare are highly sought after because of scarcity in grade, old monster comics from Marvel, DC, and Charlton, being prime examples.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

More great Jack Davis art on the cover of Lunatic Binge (which I have  ;)):

cl:)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mord

Love that selection of Chris Lee monsters, Glenn. You must be looking at that great mask right now.

Gory Glenn

Quote from: Mord on September 24, 2015, 06:22:11 PM
Love that selection of Chris Lee monsters, Glenn. You must be looking at that great mask right now.

Can you believe that Mike Hill bust! That guy is operating on another level!

Hepcat

Looks like either Jack Davis or Frank Frazetta artwork at the bottom of this poster:

:-\

Memphremagog

DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Memphremagog

A modern look at the original Black Lagoon movie posters..

DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."