Post a Favorite Horror/Sci-Fi/Fantasy Images

Started by Memphremagog, May 25, 2015, 11:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

horrorhunter

The one that started the Monsterkid avalanche of Horror Comics In Black & White. James Warren, thank you, sir!

A Jack Davis cover AND Frazetta story. What a great monster mag!

cl:)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Memphremagog

Creepy shot of the undead from SUGAR HILL(1974)..

DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

zombabe

Yeah, it's to modern for the thread since it's from 1980. But I think they are worthy some space.
Some behind the scene pics  :)

Mord

Quote from: zombabe on July 20, 2015, 06:10:53 PM

Yeah, it's too modern for the thread since it's from 1980. But I think they are worthy some space.
Some behind the scene pics  :)
It's ok. It's not THAT modern, Zomb. This was made years before you were even born.

Hepcat

Collecting! It's what I do!

Memphremagog

Dr. Terror's House Of Horrors(1965)

Dr. Schreck reveals his true image..

DARK SHADOWS:

Hepcat

The wrapper from the most infamous card set of all time:

hmjfym

Memphremagog

Werewolf Shadow(1971) aka Werewolf vs the Vampire Woman:

Paul Naschy as the Werewolf..

DARK SHADOWS:

Nosferatu79

Hepcat

horrorhunter

Quote from: Memphremagog on July 21, 2015, 06:43:16 PM
Dr. Terror's House Of Horrors(1965)

Dr. Schreck reveals his true image..

A similar photo was used for the dust jacket for The Movie Treasury Horror Movies (Octopus Books Limited, 1974). The photo used for the actual book cover is of the Marsh Phantoms from Night Creatures.

I bought my copy of the book back in the '70s, probably off one of the bargain tables at a bookstore. It's still in great condition, even the dj. There were a lot of great hardback books in the '70s covering monster movies chock full of excellent photos and this is one of the best. These books are amazingly affordable to collectors now considering how expensive monster mags and comics are from that period. I have several dozen different hardback (& paperback) monster movie books and they are some of my favorite monster items.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Gory Glenn

Quote from: horrorhunter on July 22, 2015, 03:47:38 PM
A similar photo was used for the dust jacket for The Movie Treasury Horror Movies (Octopus Books Limited, 1974). The photo used for the actual book cover is of the Marsh Phantoms from Night Creatures.

I bought my copy of the book back in the '70s, probably off one of the bargain tables at a bookstore. It's still in great condition, even the dj. There were a lot of great hardback books in the '70s covering monster movies chock full of excellent photos and this is one of the best. These books are amazingly affordable to collectors now considering how expensive monster mags and comics are from that period. I have several dozen different hardback (& paperback) monster movie books and they are some of my favorite monster items.

I have a few of those Monster Movie coffee table books that I bought a long time ago too. They are quite nice and have lots of photos. These are 2 of them that I have.

Hepcat

Memphremagog

Quote from: Gory Glenn on July 22, 2015, 03:58:48 PM
I have a few of those Monster Movie coffee table books that I bought a long time ago too. They are quite nice and have lots of photos. These are 2 of them that I have.

Most monster kids had/still have this one too:

DARK SHADOWS: