Name one classic horror film you wish you could watch the production of.

Started by CountWolkoff, September 10, 2021, 09:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountWolkoff

If you were given one trip on a time machine to watch the production of any single horror film, which would you be there for and why?

Let me start.

I pick Nosferatu for several reasons:

1. It's one of the first films of the genre I fell in love with.
2. It would be fun to visit some of the shooting locations in Slovakia, Wismar, and Lubeck during the period.
3. Potential deleted material. https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5d78f7aafa2a676e1fcddfe9/t/5eb28f1a8099026de92b0b1f/1588760347769/Nosferatu+%28Henrik+Galeen%29+%28Silent%29+%28F.W.+Murnau_s+Annot.%29+%2842+p.%29+%28Digital%29.pdf <~ If this is anything to go by, there's a bunch of stuff that probably didn't make it into the final movie. A handful of behind the scenes photos still exist, such as Schreck and Wagenheim posing in the Orava Castle courtyard and of Dracula looming over the ship's captain.

Let's hear some of yours.
"...the superstition of yesterday can become the scientific reality of today."

--Prof. Abraham Van Helsing
Dracula (1931, English version)

Mike Scott

Only one?!  ;D

Being a '50s sci-fi guy and an FX guy, I'd probably have to pick WOTW. Hanging around the stages when they were filming the miniature FX scenes! What a thrill that would be!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein for the Golden Age.

Modern age would have to be House of the Long Shadows. between those two films you would meet many of the icons.

seed_murda

Classic.... It might not be horror, but Jason and the Argonauts. I'd just like to see Ray Harryhausen in action.

Modern-ish would have to be Nightmare on Elm Street 3. It would be neat to see all the work that went into the special effects in that movie.

"A man who limits his interests limits his life."
— Vincent Price

Mike Scott

Quote from: seed_murda on September 12, 2021, 09:13:27 PM
I'd just like to see Ray Harryhausen in action.

Although, it would be kind of like watching paint dry.  ;D
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Frankenstein (1931)
I would love to see the pre-production and post of the classic Universal monster film. To witness Jack Pierce creating Karloff's monster make-up. Watching James Whale direction.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Lunkenstein

Quote from: marsattacks666 on September 12, 2021, 11:57:06 PM
Frankenstein (1931)
I would love to see the pre-production and post of the classic Universal monster film. To witness Jack Pierce creating Karloff's monster make-up. Watching James Whale direction.

That would be my choice too.
Paul

John Pertwee

Short of taking the obvious route, I would have to choose the most edited UM movie I could think of. Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman, just to get a real feel for the Monster speaking and what he could have had if released as filmed.

Rex fury

CFTBL. Or Revenge. I'd love to be diving in those Florida springs with the old Voit regulators or a MV hard hat, watching Rico Browing play the Creature!
RF
Ps -I suppose the bathing suit scene might be interesting too🤩

Lazarus

YoungestMonsterKid

The Phantom of the Opera 1925 (my icon gives it away)
But yeah, cause I have so many questions about how it was filmed.

Jim Bertges

It would have been great fun to be on the set of Ed Wood's "masterpiece" Bride of the Monster.
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

BigShadow

Definitely Dracula (1931).  To see Bela in full Dracula character and doing the scenes would have been great.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

House of the Unusual Podcast

crissrudd4554

Quote from: marsattacks666 on September 12, 2021, 11:57:06 PM
Frankenstein (1931)

This. ^^^^

Subatomic_Matt