The Fluffy Gods Demand Your Attention and...Obedience.

Started by nemesis1, April 17, 2011, 12:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemesis1

My wife and I take in abandoned and injured animals, mainly cats but we have had a few birds a long the way. The problem is we fall in love with the little devils and before we knew it we had 9 to take care of and now own. All are de-sexed and are indoor cats each having ample room to run, jump, hide and just laze around surveying from the highest reaches the ants they perceive my wife and I to be. Elvis is the only one that some low- life tortured he is blind in one eye and and we have gotten him back to full health. That last pic was the day we rescued him.
Here they are in all their furry glory...
Bubby

Gemma

Sam with Eva (The Ginga Ninja)

Eva

Teddy Bear and Lucy

RJ

Elvis

CreepysFan

Those are awesome kids there nemesis, each one a beauty.  We have two masters of our own, all rescued from the shelter.  Since we had Tabby die last month, Karen has been suggesting we go get another which I'll probably do.  And you are so right, THEY are the ones in charge while we humans are mere survants to THEIR whims.  When they bother to acknowledge us.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

nemesis1

Quote from: CreepysFan on April 17, 2011, 01:15:43 AM

Those are awesome kids there nemesis, each one a beauty.  We have two masters of our own, all rescued from the shelter.  Since we had Tabby die last month, Karen has been suggesting we go get another which I'll probably do.  And you are so right, THEY are the ones in charge while we humans are mere survants to THEIR whims.  When they bother to acknowledge us.

You are so right buddy, I chase these guys around at food time and if it isn't put under their chins they will not go to it. Some would not persist with that but we do and it makes our day sometimes. I forgot to add a picture of Nicky a little male Himalayan, he will not forgive me so I will have to go pay homage to him and make a generous offering of the tinned variety.  I cannot agree more strongly that you need another fluffy god or monster depending on how they treat you at the time running your life....now get out there and make the money that makes the biscuits and feed some hungry faces.  :D

Scatter

I love cats, but can't have one.........so I revel in the pics instead!! Thanks for sharing Nemesis!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Wicked Lester

Great looking bunch there. And that is so cool what you and the wife are doing. I can't understand how someone could  be so mean to a kitty like that. That is pretty low. >:(
We've done the same thing and over the last I think 28 years have taken in/rescued something like 13 or 14 cats and ultimately kept 11. Also just adopted our 2nd dog a couple days ago. The first one passed away in August of 09"

I gotta ask ya , how do you deal with all that fur? You've gotta spend ALOT of time brushing them and sweeping up "tumble weeds".

WL/Mike

raycastile

Raymond Castile

Pauspy

These guys look great. We have three rescuees and wish we had room for more!
Supernatural, perhaps; baloney, perhaps not.

Flower

Bless you .. I think that it's really nice what you're doing .. We are at our limit of four cats (the 'Other' is out right now feeding a stray that we came across a week or so ago) ...

I can only imagine your vet bills ... I cringe at the cost of keeping four in food, vet bills and Advantage.

I applaud you guys for all the work that you do with nine kitties.

I've taken in a litter of 'feral' cats and after taking them to the vet, kept all three .. plus another relative of theirs .. all these cats are gone now but never forgotten.

KUDOS!

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

Wicked Lester

Quote from: Flower on April 17, 2011, 06:49:37 PM
Bless you .. I think that it's really nice what you're doing .. We are at our limit of four cats (the 'Other' is out right now feeding a stray that we came across a week or so ago) ...

I can only imagine your vet bills ... I cringe at the cost of keeping four in food, vet bills and Advantage.

I applaud you guys for all the work that you do with nine kitties.

I've taken in a litter of 'feral' cats and after taking them to the vet, kept all three .. plus another relative of theirs .. all these cats are gone now but never forgotten.

We have pet insurance AKA preventive care on all our pals. Yea it is $110 a month for 4 of the 5 animals but our savings are amazing. Over that last 5 years we have saved over $6000 on medical issues with them. We probably drop a decent car payment every month between Ins./food/cat litter , toys etc. They are SOO worth it

KUDOS!

nemesis1

Thanks guys for the kind sentiments. Most of our guys are Persians and they get brushed everyday sometimes twice a day. Their eyes are cleaned, ears and are vet checked regularly, it gets costly but what the hell they are worth the time , energy and are the best companions. The "tumble Weed" situation can get out of control but the place is overly clean, no odor and everyone is happy. I swear if we had a bigger place we would have more. Everyone deserves animal friend in their life.