The Munsters NBC Will Not Be Returning To Mockingbird Lane

Started by emazers, December 28, 2012, 09:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfman

No Fred Gwynne, Al Lewis, Butch Patrick, Yvonne DeCarlo......................NO POINT!!!

JP

marsattacks666

Quote from: Wolfman on January 01, 2013, 11:35:44 PM
No Fred Gwynne, Al Lewis, Butch Patrick, Yvonne DeCarlo......................NO POINT!!!

JP
;)

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

zombiehorror

Quote from: Wolfman on January 01, 2013, 11:35:44 PM

JP

If we're talking a concept like The Munsters Today, then I completely agree.....then again Fred, Al and Yvonne were all in The Munsters Revenge and that one is pretty terrible (and adding Butch wouldn't have helped out any), it's only watchable thru the lens of nostalgia!

Wolfman

Fair, but that would have more to do with the writing than the actors themselves. I don't see the need to rehash what is (to most people) a classic tv show.  I am perfectly content to watch the original episodes of The Munsters over & over again.

JP

zombiehorror

Quote from: Wolfman on January 03, 2013, 07:19:58 PM
Fair, but that would have more to do with the writing than the actors themselves. I don't see the need to rehash what is (to most people) a classic tv show.  I am perfectly content to watch the original episodes of The Munsters over & over again.

JP

And as always any remake/reboot argument can be summed up as such!!  We will always have the original, no matter how they re-imagine them!  No remake/reboot is ever really needed but sometimes they can surprise an audience in the end if given a chance and yet they'll always have both their fans and their detractors; Which is true for even the original film!  I love to bitch about Rob Zombie's horrible, horrible take on Halloween and probably will never stop but some people like them!  Conversely I love the TCM remakes (The 2003 remake and it's prequel, The Beginning, not that travesty TCM Next The Generation!) and I see people bitching about those all the time!

I love The Munsters, I'll always love them and watch them but I would have gladly stuck around to see where Mockingbird Lane went and it wouldn't have hurt any true Munster fan to either watch or ignore it!  One of the smarter ideas, besides just having it's own identity, was calling it Mockingbird Lane; True Munster fans could always talk about that show separate from Mockingbird Lane and vice versa; Unlike most remakes/reboots where you have to say, "the original", "the one from 19_ _", "the remake", "the one with.......", etc.  Unless of course you mention individual characters, personally I'd want to slap someone if you mentioned the name Herman Munster and they said something in reference to Jerry O'Connell....He is not Herman Munster!!!  Never will be!  Same with Lilly, Grandpa, Eddie and even Marilyn; We all know there are only 2 real Marilyns...... :P!

Howler

I watched the pilot on Youtube the other day. I liked the opening scene of werewolf Eddie attacking the annoying boy scouts, but after that I didn't care for it. I found Grandpa very annoying and Marilyn trying to be creepy didn't work, just like the rest of the characters.
"That ain't tactics honey. That's just the beast in me."

Haunted hearse

Quote from: zombiehorror on January 03, 2013, 07:41:12 PM
We all know there are only 2 real Marilyns...... :P!
Unless you count Debbie Watson, and whomever was in "Munsters Revenge".
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

zombiehorror

Quote from: Haunted hearse on January 04, 2013, 08:19:10 PM
Unless you count Debbie Watson, and whomever was in "Munsters Revenge".

Exactly....There are only 2 real Marilyns!!  LOL!   :P

Howler

"That ain't tactics honey. That's just the beast in me."