Brabo Parafools

Started by OldTimey, March 03, 2008, 04:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldTimey

Remember these?

Darryl

The Drunken Severed Head

gracebuster

Got them down the street from my Pennylvania Dutch Grammy's house in Bally , Pa.
Market was called Soapjack's.
Loved those.
Btw,  a few words about my blessed Grandmother.
She's still with us (87)
She still thinks I'm crazy!
She made my first Dracula Capes. (still have em)
She made me a stuffed Rodan  and my brother a stuffed Godzilla, 2 decades before anyone thought to make stuffed dinosaurs!
(of the ages , they disappeared 30 years ago)

We took her on the Jurassic Park ride at Universal when she was 84!
After the ride was over and she was soaking wet I asked her if she wanted to go again.

She said, "NOT EVER!"

poseablemonster

:D That's great!  My Grandma is sneaking up on 90 years old, and sounds just like yours; full of life and will always tell it like it is! 

Illoman

I never knew my blood Grandmas, but we "adopted" one when I was a child, and she forever was and will be my "Grandma".  Sometimes she and I would watch Dark Shadows and drink a Pepsi together. We also would stay up late when she babysat us kids and watch Roller Derby, and we made those ten cent pizzas in a toaster oven.

She lived to see 93, and as they were taking her to the hospital for the last time, she asked the ambulance driver if he would stop and buy her a beer.

I miss her a lot...

Mike

Nightmares in plastic

Oh my god - one of my most cherished toys from my childhood.

Gave me goosebumps....

Whats the full name of the set ? And where can I get one!!!!!

our Grandma just hit 95 recently and still goin' strong

Rainer E.
"Let's drink to a world of Gods and Monsters!"
Dr. Pretorius

poseablemonster

I had a similar toy, but they were called "Poopa Troopers"or something, I think.

OldTimey

Quote from: Nightmares in plastic on March 03, 2008, 09:47:09 PM
Oh my god - one of my most cherished toys from my childhood.

Gave me goosebumps....

Whats the full name of the set ? And where can I get one!!!!!

our Grandma just hit 95 recently and still goin' strong

Rainer E.
I watched Ebay for years before a set finally showed up. I remember buying them by the dozens back around '73/74. They were only .10 cent each, sold loose in a counter display. I only knew of one store that sold them, Chapman's Dime Store.

Several years later (around '78) I saw them again at a convenience store while my family was traveling. This time, they were on blister cards, and sold for .79 cents each. I scoffed at the price increase, and didn't buy any. I never saw them again until about a year ago on Ebay. I'd been searching for them on Ebay for years, and had pretty much given up hope of ever finding them again.

I always loved parachute toys, and Parafools worked better than any of the others I had ever seen. They were perfectly weighted, not too heavy or too light--perfection.

Darryl

OldTimey

Darryl

poseablemonster

Yep.  Those are the ones I had.  Thanks for the link!

Gary D Macabre

I had #2 a couple of times and  a couple of the Poopa troopers too.

My grandparents all died before I was a teenager.
Gary D. Macabre
Phantom of the UMA lounge