Author Topic: Early Invisible Man Merchandise  (Read 7581 times)

Gory Glenn

• Sergeant
  • They're dead...they're all messed up.
Re: Early Invisible Man Merchandise
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2015, 11:31:57 AM »
I had this vinyl LP when I was a kid. Listened to it a lot!  :)

ChrisW

• Sergeant
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2015, 01:09:45 PM »
Funny, Porky Pig is Warner Bros., a Universal competitor.

One of the Warner Bros. Golden Collection sets has a disc dedicated to Hollywood caricatures in their cartoons. It seems just about any Hollywood star or character was fair game for lampoon regardless of their studio affiliation.

A few pages back there is a discussion about political correctness and monsters. It reminded me of a discussion years ago on the Hobbytalk forum. Someone posed a question about a non-politically correct model kit. I thought the poster was going to talk about the Hunchback (this was before the Polar Lights' "Bellringer" flap) because of how it portrayed a handicapped individual being tortured. Instead he was addressing "The Witch", because of how it unfairly stereotypes witches and wiccans...

YoungestMonsterKid

• Sergeant
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2015, 03:39:59 PM »
One of the Warner Bros. Golden Collection sets has a disc dedicated to Hollywood caricatures in their cartoons. It seems just about any Hollywood star or character was fair game for lampoon regardless of their studio affiliation.

A few pages back there is a discussion about political correctness and monsters. It reminded me of a discussion years ago on the Hobbytalk forum. Someone posed a question about a non-politically correct model kit. I thought the poster was going to talk about the Hunchback (this was before the Polar Lights' "Bellringer" flap) because of how it portrayed a handicapped individual being tortured. Instead he was addressing "The Witch", because of how it unfairly stereotypes witches and wiccans...
Yeah, I remember that Witch/Hunchback thing (well actually I just remember you saying that). But my point was that they had Invisible in the same short with Frankenstein AND they referenced the Phantom of the Opera.

YoungestMonsterKid

• Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2020, 02:43:24 PM »
Reviving this thread, there was at least one vintage Invisible Man mask. It being from Bert Wheeler's Hollywood Magic Shop. They were exclusive to there in the 60's. They weren't licensed by Universal either, as can be seen.

I'm not sure if that thing the ad claims about the glasses making the wearer seem see-through is actually true or not. I'm gonna take a guess the answer would be "not very".

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2020, 03:54:50 PM »
Reviving this thread, there was at least one vintage Invisible Man mask. It being from Bert Wheeler's Hollywood Magic Shop. They were exclusive to there in the 60's. They weren't licensed by Universal either, as can be seen.

I'm not sure if that thing the ad claims about the glasses making the wearer seem see-through is actually true or not. I'm gonna take a guess the answer would be "not very".

Interesting mask.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."