Author Topic: SHOCK MONSTER FIGURE - A UMA FUNDRAISER!  (Read 9678 times)

Toy Ranch

• Army Administrator
  • d
  • Monster Geek
Re: SHOCK MONSTER FIGURE - A UMA FUNDRAISER!
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 08:38:10 PM »
I'm proud owner of another Nick Williams piece.

Movie Stills

Can't wait for my Shock Monster fig!

NickWilliams

• New Recruit
    • Nix Kits
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 08:49:34 PM »
(*at*)Bobby I forgot that you bought one of those! I even sent them out with little certicates of adoption. I found a place that has little programable sound chips like they have at build-a-bear for $5 each. I wanted to do a recording and make some that cry when you squeeze them. This is weird, but I never made an Eraserhead Baby for myself. The thing just creeps me out too much. One of these days I am going to re-mold him and send you the original sculpt. It creeps me out too.

poseablemonster

• Sergeant Major
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 08:59:02 PM »
I don't have an Eraserhead baby, either.  Some things are better left alone. ;)

Guys, just two more remain unclaimed.  If you can get payment to Nick tonight, we can mail off your figures via priority mail in the morning.

HARRY HAMMOCK

• Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 09:13:49 PM »
Payment sent!

poseablemonster

• Sergeant Major
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 09:29:28 PM »
That leaves just ONE Shock Monster left!!!

Who will be the lucky one???

poseablemonster

• Sergeant Major
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 11:00:16 AM »
OK, that's it!  All are spoken for and we have started a wait list in case anyone who reserved does not pay within 3 days or if they decide to cancel.

So, if you have reserved a figure but you haven't sent payment to tops_revo_30(*at*)yahoo.com please do so as soon as soon as possible.  If your paypal payment has not been received within the next 3 days, the figure will go to the next person on the wait list.

Thanks to everyone that supported the UMA in this fundraiser. 

Be sure to post some pics of you and your Shock Monster when he arrives!

Scatter

• Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 11:25:18 AM »
The price is kind of a one time thing. I wanted to do something fun for the UMA, and lend my support at the same time.

It is always good to know what you are getting for your money, so here is a price breakdown:

I am selling them at what it cost for the supplies to make them. I had some of the supplies on hand, and that helped to keep the price down. $10 from each figure is going to the UMA, and $8.50 goes for priority shipping and packing materials, and $1.50 covers the paypal fees. That leaves $20 per figure which is enough to cover the cost of the silicone, resin, body, clothes, and printing (cardbacks and iron ons). Thankfully I had the clam shells on hand.

I don't post much on any of the forums that I frequent. I am a bit of a lurker. This is such an amazing place though, and I have found a great deal of knowledge and inspiration here over the years. More than anything though it is the people that I have met that have inspired me to keep sculpting. I really wanted to contribute to the UMA community, and give something back. Whether you guys know it or not, it is your passion for all of this that keeps me going. I don't always have a lot to contibute to the conversations, but I can make a pretty good monster. We all do what we can... ;D

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. You are going to be even more impressed when you see it in person!

Nick, that is awesome brother!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

darkmonkeygod

• Sergeant
  • grrrrrrrrrrrr...
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 12:32:14 PM »
Paypal sent, thanks Andy!
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

The Creeper

• Sergeant
  • The Hellbound Heart!
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 01:54:58 PM »
Mine is on it's way and I can't wait!  This is very cool of you NickWilliams to do for the UMA!  Not only do we get something cool, but it helps keep the UMA going!  Thank You!
Long live the UMA!

NickWilliams

• New Recruit
    • Nix Kits
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2010, 02:56:20 PM »
I got most of the ones that were paid for shipped out today. I had a problem with a couple of the boxes when I got to the post office. The regular priority boxes that I ordered almost two weeks ago still have not come in. Being an industrious and environmentally conscious young man, I decided to recycle a few older priority boxes. Apparently you can't re-use an older priority shipping box, and the post office only stocks the flat rate boxes now. A large flat rate box is over $14.00 to ship. They refused to take them, and it ended up being an ordeal. I ended up having to void some of my shipping labels (it is funny how the money goes out of your account instantly, but it takes 15 days for them to put it back if you void a label) and now I have to go track down some different boxes. I will do my best to get them to the post office before the last pick up this afternoon, but with the way things are going a few of them may not ship out until tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay!

Bogey

• Sergeant
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 05:21:09 PM »
Not a big deal, Nick.  Send mine when you can if it did not go out today. :)

NickWilliams

• New Recruit
    • Nix Kits
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2010, 07:54:51 PM »
I got payment in for all but one figure. All that have been paid for that did not ship today will ship first thing tomorrow morning.

Just a heads up, the shipping confirmation that you will get will be coming from Amy Labrot. That is my wife's maiden name, and we share the paypal account. For some reason paypal won't let you change the name on your account if you get married.

Sorry if this causes any confusion.

Please feel free to let me know (or post something) when you get your shock monster. I can't wait to hear what you guys think of them when you see them in person.

Thanks again everyone!

NickWilliams

• New Recruit
    • Nix Kits
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2010, 08:05:03 PM »
Update!

Just wanted to thank everyone again and let you guys know that I just sent off the donation to the UMA forum from the Shock Monster sales. Together we raised $130!!! Not bad at all my friends.

We just may have to do something like this again soon...  :o

darkmonkeygod

• Sergeant
  • grrrrrrrrrrrr...
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2010, 03:11:01 AM »
Cool! No rush, I've gotta head outta town again, so the gf gets to live w the shock monster for a bit before I do.
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 08:49:15 AM »
Together we raised $130!!!

Thank you very much, Nick! Those sure didn't last very long!  :D
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website