Author Topic: That was a BAD idea...  (Read 8969 times)

Fester

• Sergeant
Re: That was a BAD idea...
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2010, 04:52:35 PM »
Doc exaggerates..........I KNOW the Amish don't drive that fast.

Yeah, but:

What goes clip-clop clip-clop clip-clop Bang  clip-clop clip-clop clip-clop?

An Amish drive-by shooting.

Back on topic:  ANY TIME anyone goes upstairs or downstairs or outside to check something out.  The really big mistake?  Saying, "Its OK, I'll be right back!"
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 04:56:11 PM by Fester »

Opera Ghost

• Sergeant
  • "To my Christine, I am forever Wed"
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2010, 05:00:21 PM »
When an Entity in a house purported to be possessed says "get out...." one does not go upstairs
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

RedKing

• Sergeant
  • Prehistoric Mastadon of Destruction!
    • Deviant Art account
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2010, 12:51:44 PM »
Any monster that picks a fight with Godzilla,always a BAD idea!
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

Gillfan

• Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2011, 10:00:15 PM »
Going downstairs to check the fusebox after the lights mysteriously go out after you get a strange call where they hang up / or while an odd glowing mist is outside/ or after you hear strange childlike laughter.

Haunted hearse

• Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2011, 11:19:39 PM »
An emo girl falling in love with a vampire that sparkles.  Almost as bad as writing a book about it.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Fester

• Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2011, 11:38:54 PM »
Any time anyone co-stars with Bruce Campbell.

He'll survive, but you won't.

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2011, 11:00:16 AM »
1. Inserting a giant lever in a lab that can "blow us all to atoms" with no mention as to what its purpose is, no glass case to protect it from being accidentally nudged and no lock out tag out in place to prevent misuse. ;D

2. Choosing a small town to drink it dry instead of a large metropolitan area where your crimes could go rather unnoticed for a few weeks at least. (Salem's Lot)

3. When your house starts speaking, and its first words are "Get out"...you stay.

4. Going after an extremely ticked off and hungry shark with the little tug boat that couldnt (Jaws)

5. Accepting an offer from Vincent Price to spend a night on the house on haunted hill for a measley 10,000 pre taxes.

6. Taking a torch to the Frankenstein monster or cattle prodding the Creature to make them "mind". Yup. works like a charm.

Dr. Madd

• Sergeant
  • Maker of Monsters
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2011, 11:40:43 AM »
Ignoring any letter signed, OG.
Madd The Impaler-
Undeadlegend

Dr. Madd- The Original- accept no subsitutes.

Sean

• Sergeant
  • The Godfather of Gore
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2017, 11:25:38 PM »
Digging up and re-animating a patchwork corpse (after you and your pal buried it after your pal shot it in the eye) you couldn't contain the 1st time you re-animated it. (Curse of Frankenstein 1957 Hammer)

long live kong

• Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2017, 11:49:01 PM »

Informing your new neighbour of a novel way of burying his daughter's recently deceased cat.
Monster lovers never grow old....

Sean

• Sergeant
  • The Godfather of Gore
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2017, 10:50:41 AM »
Informing your new neighbour of a novel way of burying his daughter's recently deceased cat.

I like it better when we don't name the film(s).  Most of us know what most of them are anyway---and if you don't know... it's fun trying to figure it out. 

long live kong

• Sergeant
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2017, 03:38:31 PM »

Deciding to mix work with pleasure, by flying your light aircraft to a quaint Scottish island for a spot of weekend detective work.
Monster lovers never grow old....

YoungestMonsterKid

• Sergeant
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2017, 04:29:06 PM »
A lot of these that I see aren't nearly the same thing. When a person doesn't believe in the supernatural, that's the reason they did that. The point is that Bela the Gypsy knew he was a werewolf, knew he would turn into a wolf when the moon was full (or maybe just if it was Autumn), and still went out that night to read people their fortunes. Larry Talbot seems to have this problem of not knowing when the next full moon is, too. It seems like that should be #1 on any werewolves to-do list.

Sean

• Sergeant
  • The Godfather of Gore
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2017, 08:17:10 AM »
A lot of these that I see aren't nearly the same thing. When a person doesn't believe in the supernatural, that's the reason they did that. The point is that Bela the Gypsy knew he was a werewolf, knew he would turn into a wolf when the moon was full (or maybe just if it was Autumn), and still went out that night to read people their fortunes. Larry Talbot seems to have this problem of not knowing when the next full moon is, too. It seems like that should be #1 on any werewolves to-do list.

Indeed.  Larry Talbot, for all of his "sympathetic" points, was utterly careless.  I'm more mindful of my dues for the German Club I belong to than he is of THE one thing he must remember to take care of.  Larry seems nice enough (though frankly he was a bit creepy/ jerky/ pushy in The Wolfman before getting bitten), but a GREAT guy?  In retrospect?  No.  Not so much. 

YoungestMonsterKid

• Sergeant
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2017, 10:33:04 AM »
Don't have a lot of great pictures of this but here it goes. (And normally I'd agree with not giving away what the film is but I think this picture helps explain.)

So there's this part of the cellar with the lake. (By the way, I believe this was reused from the Green Hell temple set (which was also reused in The Mummy's Hand, just imagine that giant statue where the lake would be). But anyways, there's this big wide walkway to go accross to safely get to the other side. And that's what Claudin uses. So what do Roaul and Anatole do? They go on the thin side that's falling apart and nearly have falling rocks break their heads open.