Life Size Creature Sculpture!!!

Started by AHI Creature, June 03, 2010, 05:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHI Creature

OK this is my favorite category so I just decided to post it here, since we are going to have to talk about this sooner or later.  I saw this auction for a life size custom creatch and was more than prepared to bid to win, and I could easlily pick it up, living less than two hours north.  I was shocked at the selling price- I have bought many loose AHI figures for more than that... I coulde have paid 3 times that without blinking, I just plain don't have a space for it.  It would be as rude to my wife as her buying a six foot Raggedy Ann that I would have to look at all day.  But man, this woulda been so cool to have.  I even tried to give a heads up on it to GraceBuster, as this thing was right in his neighborhood!!!  Did any of you see this and did one of you get it?  Most of all, can anyone make me feel better about not getting it?  My dream would be to have a house big enough to have a monster WING and have a Creature FTBL pinball machine, and have this guy standing in position playing it when I was not....shoot I will be thinking about this thing for a while.....please share your thoughts.  Did I (we) blow it by not winning this auction?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160435233239&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Monolith

Somebody got a bargain! But it wasn't me.

michblk

I was watching that one too.  To bad I lived across the country.   :-[

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

kklloo

I saw that but I live in NY so I couldn't bid. I think the pick up only may have discouraged some bidders. It's a nice piece and a wonderful piece for that price.

Sal

Mitchellmania

I wonder if someone could have arranged UPS to pick it up and pack and ship it?

gracebuster

Honestly, even with the best Creature ever haunting my museum, I wish I would have seen that and bought it so cheap. Just be great to have another Creature.

long live kong

Monster lovers never grow old....