Apes Attacks Rare POTA Knockoffs

Started by OldTimey, May 30, 2010, 09:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldTimey

Any info on the figures?

These were produced in 2001 for FunTastic Toys. There is no artwork on the back of the card, only a small sticker listing a UK address. I bought these on Ebay from a British woman in 2001. There doesn't seem to be much information about these figures on the internet. I'll post some pics of the series 2 figures soon.

Darryl

RoboMonster

They look nice! as a POTA collector I can say that I never saw them at ebay for sure.

marsattacks666

Wow, cool! Really different, I must say. Cyborg Dr. Zaius, weird.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Gillman-Fan

Weird . . . WWF-style bodies with generic weapons and new head sculpts.

Unknown Primate

" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Mitchellmania

darkmonkeygod

Awesome. Never seen these, thanks for posting and keep it coming please!
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

MDG

MDG

LundyAfterMidnight

"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

marsattacks666

Quote from: MDG on June 10, 2010, 12:54:59 PM
Here's a bunch of knockoffs, including "Space of the Apes":

http://www.urlesque.com/2010/06/01/26-hilariously-inaccurate-knock-off-toys/?icid=main

Funny knockoffs. You can find many of those in California, at flea markets.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Scatter

Quote from: LundyAfterMidnight on June 10, 2010, 01:12:08 PM
I've always wanted a priest action figure  :P.

Of course, the Pope action figure would kick his arse.

We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

BlackLagoon

I can't believe I've never seen those before---Planet Of The Apes with some Master Of The Universe in there--those are really cool!
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

chap0006

I bought a bunch of these off ebay several months ago. If you look on the cards for the ones depicted in the photos it reads item No. 3031B6C. The series which follows all have Item No. 3031B6D. I also have a couple  released by BJ Toys in England which have item No. 3031B6A. This leads me to believe that the BJ Toys figures are the first series. And the two mentioned Fun-Tastic series are 3 and 4. The BJ Toys cards have artwork on the backs showing a series of 6 figures made with the same molds as the 'C' series, but with different weapons and paint. The 'D' series are similar but appear to have updated molds with leg articulation. I have a couple of unidentified figures that appear to use the same molds but they are a wizard and some sort of warrior, clearly from a different line. The original Apes Attacks body molds are very similar to the ones used by for their wrestler figures and Monster Warriors.