GUESTBOOK New Members Sign In Here - We are who we are!

Started by gracebuster, January 02, 2008, 11:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

The Monsters Daughter

Thank you, Mike! Yes, I have heard of The Black Cat! :)
"Friend Good, Alone Bad..." - The Monster

Check out the things I make that are retro related at: www.retromooncrafts.com

Fantomah

Hi all. I'm a classic movie buff and stumbled upon this forum when searching for a favorite book "Movie Fantastic: Beyond the Dream Machine." It turned up in one of your threads-- I couldn't believe it, I've never known anyone else who's read this book! Anyway the commentary posted was really interesting and I took a look at some other posts in that thread and thought I'd like to join.

Unfortunately I am not well-versed in Universal Monster lore but I know I will have fun and learn a lot about it here. I am also a Barbara Steele fan, if that helps.   :)

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Fantomah on November 07, 2016, 06:32:49 PM
Hi all. I'm a classic movie buff and stumbled upon this forum when searching for a favorite book ... Unfortunately I am not well-versed in Universal Monster lore but I know I will have fun and learn a lot about it here. ...

Welcome, New Blood!

This is a great place to have fun and learn more about monster, sci-fi and fantasy.

You're gonna love it here.
ADAM

Fantomah

Thank you so much! For the forseeable future I'll probably spend a lot of time looking through as many threads as I can. Hope I can make some menaingful contributions at some point...

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Fantomah on November 07, 2016, 09:58:57 PM
Thank you so much! For the forseeable future I'll probably spend a lot of time looking through as many threads as I can. Hope I can make some menaingful contributions at some point...

We have threads that go back many years.  Some of them haven't been active recently.  Be sure to us the SEARCH feature at the top of the Home Page to find discussions of any favorite topics.
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Fantomah on November 07, 2016, 06:32:49 PM
I am also a Barbara Steele fan, if that helps.   :)

Welcome to the UMA, Fantomah!

I think most of us, around here, are Barbara Steele fans.  :)

This group started (on Yahoo) as a Universal Monsters collectibles group, and while our photo albums ("Media") still reflect that, the message board has expanded to all things classic (and some modern) horror and sci-fi. And you don't have to be an expert on anything. Enthusiasm is more important than expertise!  :)
CREATURE FAN

Fantomah

Thanks for the welcome and the tips, Adam and Mike. Yeah, there's a lot to look through, but so far it's been a blast.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Quote from: Fantomah on November 07, 2016, 09:58:57 PM
Welcome to our "world of Gods and monsters" (well,  mostly monsters).

Fantomah

^^^Wish I could come up with an original or  witty reply, but I can't... so I'll just say:  thank you, Mord!  :)

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Fantomah

All the welcomes are very nice (and much appreciated). :) So till trying to go through as many posts as possible here, to get a better sense of the site. Love the sections on the old lobby cards, films, comic books and toys... I am sure I will come across many more goodies here