Creature's Cruiser model kit

Started by Phantasm, February 17, 2008, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantasm

Hi gang,

I just completed a kit for a client that turned out pretty good.  It is yet another Creature model.  I had a great time doing it and posted a set of progression picures on my Flickr site.  Check them out and let em know what you think.  You can see htem here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chuckjeffers/sets/72157603925171557/

Hopefully, if I do this right, here is one shot:

It is a fun little kit and a great addition if you like the monster rod series or the creature in general.  I'll probably pick one up for myself at Wonderfest this year.  (IF my funds hold out that is!)

Take care!

Chuck Jeffers
Chuck Jeffers

"You told me that nothings free except my own insanity."
                                                  Alice Cooper

Minion

drthomasholmes

They are cool, no doubt. But it's ashame that the monsters were ripped off of other kits.

fmofmpls

Nice work Chuck! Question - that Creature is a cast from the Aurora .. right?
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

latex creep

Yup....

I love the additional Rods the company sculpted...all of them employ pieces from the original Aurora's... Most of them just miscl. pieces from the kits and not the monster itself. On the Creech...they used most of him...

I too, wish they had done him from scratch but...it still ROCKS!

fmofmpls

Quote from: latex creep on February 18, 2008, 02:22:01 PM
I too, wish they had done him from scratch but...it still ROCKS!

No doubt about that. I wouldn't kick him out of my bathtub.  :)
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Phantasm

Yes he is cast from the original Aurora.  I've noticed that most of the garage monster rods use cast from different kits to work into the new one.  I'm pretty sure the motor is a cast from another kit as well. 

I like this kit a lot and will probably get one for myself.  But I do have a problem with the way the Aurora parts of the creature were repositioned for this kit.  If I do get one, I plan on cutting up the right arm and hand and repositioning it to be more in line of driving the boat and not hiding his face.

The first thing I thought of when I was test fitting the right arm is the creature looks like he is saying "hi" to someone.  Then I thought of Andy Griffith when he said " Gomer says hey!"

Yeah, I do begin to hallucinate after to much resin dust and super glue fumes..............

Thanks for the kind words about the kit though.  I believe my client will be happy and that's what matters.

Chuck Jeffers
Chuck Jeffers

Alice Cooper

gracebuster

Gasport

I believe the motor is cast from a Hawk Weird Oh's  Leaky Boat Louie kit. One of my faves from the Weird Oh's line...VERY COOL!

Wich2

drthomasholmes

What I was getting at is that some of the heads are Jeff Yagher's sculpts and used without permission. Not to mention Billiken recasts, too. So, if anyone wants to spend $$$ on COPIES, NOT ORIGINALS, these are the kits for you.

Phantasm

Quote from: drthomasholmes on February 20, 2008, 05:52:15 AM
What I was getting at is that some of the heads are Jeff Yagher's sculpts and used without permission. Not to mention Billiken recasts, too. So, if anyone wants to spend $$$ on COPIES, NOT ORIGINALS, these are the kits for you.

Yes, I fully agree with you on that.  Yagher's and many other talented folks are getting recast which stinks. 

I'm pretty sure this kit was cast from an Aurora.  I would like it if they would use new original sculpts too. 

This particular model I would consider a kit bash.   I believe there are 3 or 4 other rods in this line that is using Aurora's figures.  I really wish they wouldn't do that either. 

I have my own opinions of recasters that probably coincide with yours, but that is a can of worms best left for the Clubhouse boards.

Chuck Jeffers
Chuck Jeffers

Alice Cooper