Dracula vs. Coffin Joe Roast off

Started by Gary D Macabre, February 09, 2008, 09:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpankRamen

Quote from: Nicole on February 14, 2008, 07:13:33 AM
And Ray, that very cool that you got to wear the hat. It's just incredible how much you look like Mr. Mojica from his younger days. You could very well be his long-lost son!

;D Now don't go getting his hopes up.

The Drunken Severed Head

SpankRamen

Seriously, I'm not trying to see Ray & Mojica on Maury Povich. ;) Imagine Ray running off stage, crying, when Maury says: "Jose Mojica Marins (drum roll)... You are NOT the father. :D
That's just waaaaaay too wild.

Nicole

Quote from: SpankRamen on February 15, 2008, 04:42:47 AM
Seriously, I'm not trying to see Ray & Mojica on Maury Povich. ;) Imagine Ray running off stage, crying, when Maury says: "Jose Mojica Marins (drum roll)... You are NOT the father. :D
That's just waaaaaay too wild.

Then after Ray leaves the room, Maury goes on to say, "Ray did test positive, however, for being José Mojica Marins' genetic clone." :o
"If you can't learn to do it well, learn to enjoy doing it badly." -Ashleigh Brilliant

raycastile

According to one of Mojica's friends, he has taken to calling me his "son."

Thanks Nicole for posting that translation.  That is funny.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think the roast has concluded.  The guests have left, the food is cold and the drinks are warm.  But if you want to close the place down, we can stick around until they start stacking the chairs on top the tables.
Raymond Castile

SpankRamen

Quote from: raycastile on February 15, 2008, 05:53:35 AM
According to one of Mojica's friends, he has taken to calling me his "son."

That rocks. How does it feel? I mean, really, how does it feel to know that he calls you his "son"? An honorary son. I'm so jealous :'(

raycastile

I'm sure he means it as a joke, but it's very cool.
Raymond Castile

Nicole

Joke or not, that is very awesome, Ray. Little does Mr. Mojica know, but he's got a couple of "daughters" over here too. ;D
Which reminds me...Spank, Mojica is supposed to be coming stateside to promote his new movie when it comes out, right? If they have an event where he can meet with his fans while he's here, maybe we should try to go to it. What do you think?

"If you can't learn to do it well, learn to enjoy doing it badly." -Ashleigh Brilliant

raycastile

I know he's planning on traveling to 30 countries to promote the film.  You would think one of them would be the U.S.  But I don't know if he would make more than one stop here.  It would probably be in L.A. or N.Y.  Just my guess.  But...it wouldn't be a bad idea for him to come to the International Film Festival in St. Louis.  I believe it is in October, just in time for Halloween.  It really wouldn't be a crackpot notion at all.
Raymond Castile

Nicole

I'm not opposed to traveling as far as New York, but if he made an appearance in St. Louis, that would be even better. According to the Cinema St. Louis site (that is the one, right?), their International Film Festival runs from Nov. 13-23. Too bad it's not in October, or that would have been perfect. I can't say that I'm familiar with what types of foreign films they usually showcase there. Ray, do you know if they ever show any films in the same vein as Mojica's work?

SpankRamen

Nicole, they show all sorts of movies, both live action & animated. That's where "Juno" was first played, long before the general public heard of it (& I missed it :'(). Also, with the St. Louis International Film Festival, the movies are played in different areas. Some were shown at the Tivoli, some at the St. Louis Art Museum, some at COCA (it's a performing/fine arts school). Mojica's movie would fit in perfectly. Sometimes, the filmmakers speak to the audience before & after the movie.

Ray, I would LOVE it if Mojica showed up at the Tivoli. Oh God, I'd camp out in the Loop for 2 days just to make sure I don't miss him! Also, he could have lunch at Blueberry Hill or Cicero's (I'd drag him to Cicero's 8)).

If he showed up in LA & NYC, I'd fly as far as my broomstick would take me! :D It's about time he met his "daughters"! ;D

fmofmpls

Hey! What's going on in here? You heard the man .. we're closin'. You guys gotta get outta here. The roast is over. Go now. Take your top hats and capes and take it outside please.

Just kiddin'! I just popped my nose inside here to see if there was anybody left. Feel free to hang out and talk amongst yourselves. I'll close the door. Lock up when you guys leave. Okay?
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

SpankRamen

Quote from: fmofmpls on February 16, 2008, 02:27:42 AM
I'll close the door. Lock up when you guys leave. Okay?

Okay, but I ain't moppin' no floors. 8)