My first Halloween Woolworth costume 1970....

Started by artistguy, March 07, 2010, 05:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scary Terry

Chris Ecker has been posting dozens of vintage costume pics on his facebook page.....
Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

artistguy

Wow Sean... too awesome I had the Frank and Robot too....

Rod... your description makes me think of one of the films we all watch every year as a tradition.. "The Ghost and Mr Chicken" with Don Knotts... I miss Don...:( The Vic Muzzi organ score at the beginning and end still creeps me out in a super fun way!  That movie was so innocent and fun...

artistguy

Sean

Quote from: Radioactive Rod Whitenack on March 08, 2010, 03:19:23 PM

I miss seeing the throngs of kids in those Ben Cooper and Collegeville costumes as they would hit the streets at twilight. It was marvelous.

And if you saw a kid you didn't know wearing the same costume as you----you were like 'who the hell is HE?' ;D

gracebuster

Sean, what a GREAT treasure to have unearthed. I am so happy that you have that.

My first costume is a clown costume. I suppose not so ridiculous because oone of my forst jobs was as a circus clown!

I have NO pictures in Monster costumes.  I know I had em and wore them but GOD FORBID my mom or Dad would point a camera at me!!!

Radioactive Rod Whitenack

Is that a factor in your career choice, Danny? Still trying to get somebody to point a camera at you? In a monster costume? Are you still searching for that childhood dream? Food for thought--

Sean

Quote from: gracebuster on March 08, 2010, 05:23:26 PM

I have NO pictures in Monster costumes.  I know I had em and wore them but GOD FORBID my mom or Dad would point a camera at me!!!

Hilarious.  I was I THINK the robot in a Halloween parade... my sister was a harem girl (good choice, mom & dad)------they took ONE picture of us in the parade... and when it came out, some fat kid in a Fred Flintstone costume cut in front of me.

artistguy

God it's always the fat kid in the Fred Flintstone costume.. wait wasn't that John Goodman...:) LOL!