HELP ME ! Ask your questions here.

Started by fmofmpls, November 26, 2007, 03:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fmofmpls

Quote from: CreepyJeff on July 31, 2008, 10:01:12 PM
I don't see a trash bin or sent messages arena either.  I'd very much like to know where the "sent messages" folder for Personal Messages can be found (if there is such an animal). 

These are good questions. Here are the answers.

To see an "outbox" with your personal messages, you must first activate one.

Here's how: first click on your profile, click on "personal message options" under the Modify Profile box to your left side of the screen, look for the check box "Save a copy of each Personal Message in my outbox by default" and check it. Then click "change profile" (same as save) when your done.

After you've done that, you can find your outbox by clicking on the "messages" link at the top of your screen just as you've always done. The out box will be visible at the topside of your messages screen.

If anyone needs further assistance with this option, just PM me and I will be happy to do it for you.

BTW, there isn't a trash bin option. When you delete a message, it's gone.
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

CreepyJeff

Quote from: fmofmpls on July 31, 2008, 10:22:01 PM
These are good questions. Here are the answers.

To see an "outbox" with your personal messages, you must first activate one.

Here's how: first click on your profile, click on "personal message options" under the Modify Profile box to your left side of the screen, look for the check box "Save a copy of each Personal Message in my outbox by default" and check it. Then click "change profile" (same as save) when your done.

After you've done that, you can find your outbox by clicking on the "messages" link at the top of your screen just as you've always done. The out box will be visible at the topside of your messages screen.

If anyone needs further assistance with this option, just PM me and I will be happy to do it for you.

BTW, there isn't a trash bin option. When you delete a message, it's gone.
Very cool - thanks General!
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"

ramsey37

Hi,
I've sent out a couple of private messages here recently, and I'm not sure if they ever actually went through. Has anyone else had problems with private messages lately?
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

fmofmpls

Quote from: ramsey37 on August 18, 2008, 07:39:58 AM
Hi,
I've sent out a couple of private messages here recently, and I'm not sure if they ever actually went through. Has anyone else had problems with private messages lately?
George

Hi George. Your recent PM to me was received. Just replied back to you this morning. I've been busy with other matters lately, so my apologies for the delay.

BUT .. I still do believe that there is a software glitch with receiving PMs here at this forum. I plan on addressing this matter as soon as time allows. In the meantime, I encourage all of you to follow up with PMs that weren't answered. It's very possible an unanswered PM went AWOL somewhere along the line.

Nicole

About a month ago, I sent out a PM that was never responded to. I figured it was ignored, but who knows, maybe it just never went through. :-\
"If you can't learn to do it well, learn to enjoy doing it badly." -Ashleigh Brilliant

ramsey37

I wonder if there's any way to change the dyslexic title to this thread. I just noticed earlier that I had misspelled "forum" as "froum" ;)
George

fmofmpls

ramsey37

Thanks, I look slightly less goofy now ;)
George

Nicole

Here are a couple of hidden smileys, for anyone who might want to use them:

>:D^-^

> : D,  ^ - ^
"If you can't learn to do it well, learn to enjoy doing it badly." -Ashleigh Brilliant

michblk

Did someone switch the Forum Time?  I noticed my clock was off...

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

Mike Scott

Let' see.

Workin' for me!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

michblk

Hmmm, must be something wrong with my clock.  I'm ok now.

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

OmahaStar

Is "Thread Necro" frowned upon here?

Another forum I'm on frowns if posts over a certain age (usually a month or so) are resurrected.  I wanted to check first before I go digging up old monsters.  Thanks!

packy120353

Hi Omaha - Wait you want to review Van Helsing???

fmofmpls

Quote from: OmahaStar on November 17, 2008, 10:57:08 PM
Is "Thread Necro" frowned upon here?

Another forum I'm on frowns if posts over a certain age (usually a month or so) are resurrected.  I wanted to check first before I go digging up old monsters.  Thanks!

Hi Omaha. Unearthing old monsters is certainly welcome here! Feel free to resurrect any thread that you deem necessary. We're easy like that. And thanks for joining the UMA!