Do these ring a TACO BELL?

Started by packy120353, February 26, 2010, 08:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

packy120353

To my knowledge these are the last of the fast-food monsters.And  it's been long enough since released to feature them in a thread. I have not seen hide nor hair nor wrapping of them mentioned on the UMA board since they were released. They endured some scoffing then, but perhaps now, years later they can become viable monster fodder. Who can name a monster toy released by a fast food chain since these? Regardless of what anybody else says I hereby declare these cool! (each one came with a coffin/prop, not pictured) They undeniably embrace the spirit of  the monster toy. Even the Frankenstein-esque 1930s bathing suit guy -  Yoquero Taco Bell!

A couple closer-ups:

a RIDDLE:
I have scars but no flat head.
No neck bolts, a collar instead
I wear cutoffs, show off my scars
my skin's not green (I'm not from Mars!)
who am I?

LundyAfterMidnight

He kind of resembles the Prowse monster in Horror of Frankenstein. Cool toys, I like them!
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Mike Scott

Quote from: packy120353 on February 26, 2010, 08:32:42 PM
Who can name a monster toy released by a fast food chain since these?

So, when were these released?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

The Creeper

I like them too.  I never seen them before.  I would like to get them though!  When did they come out?  I know Burger King had some Universal Monster toys in the mid 90's I think it was.  And I have those.
Long live the UMA!

Radioactive Rod Whitenack

I was picking these up at the Taco Bell 3 doors down from where I worked back then, but I never found the Dracula or the Werewolf! I got the other three. Man, I wanted that Werewolf!

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: packy120353 on February 26, 2010, 08:32:42 PM
a RIDDLE:
I have scars but no flat head.
No neck bolts, a collar instead
I wear cutoffs, show off my scars
my skin's not green (I'm not from Mars!)
who am I?

A: Far enough away from Universal's Frankenstein Monster not to get sued? Does the Sphinx let me pass or eat me?

Thanks for posting these, I don't think I've ever seen them all.
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

packy120353

QuoteSo, when were these released?

October of ....(guess) 2003? I remember dragging my family around to various Taco Bells one night to find them all. Even though they aren't "Universal" they're still universal.

Mike Scott

Quote from: packy120353 on February 26, 2010, 11:30:23 PM
October of ....(guess) 2003?

These also came out (McDonalds) in Oct. 2003.

Guess it depends on your definition of "monsters".
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

aura of foreboding

Never knew about the Taco Bell Monsters.  I like 'em.  But, has anyone else noticed the LACK of Halloween premiums at fast food chains in recent years?  I mean I think Jack in the Box is the only place that still does annual Halloween promotions, the trick or treat pails.  Nobody does anything anymore. 

chrisnurse

I got a few of these from ebay, never knew what they were, or where they came from before!
You can't kill the Boogeyman

marsattacks666

I've never seen those.......and very cool.  ;D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Street Worm

Very Cool!

Didn't know about these guys, either (& I love fast food Monsters!)

I have the Buger King set & two sets from Jack-In-the-Box,
What else is out there?

Jscareshock

I remember Richard Olsen telling me about Taco Bell monsters back then, but our Taco Bell never carried them.  Glad to finally see what they looked like.

packy120353

Going through old stuff and came across this I had forgotten about/ Not to beat a dead chilito but - Each toy came with a card, the back looks like this - so we can see the accessories and more importantly learn their names. Since so many said they hadn't seen them I thought I'd share.

The Creeper

That is cool!  I like them, wish I knew about them when they offered them.  I would have gotten them!
Long live the UMA!