Author Topic: Monsterous music whats your favorite?  (Read 1683 times)

Sean

• Sergeant
  • The Godfather of Gore
Re: Monsterous music whats your favorite?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 08:27:24 AM »
Have you ever been driving alone at night with your ipod on shuffle coming out of your car speakers, and Ave Satani comes on and scares the bejeepers out of you? I always feel like something horrible is about to happen, like a lightning rod through my car or something......awesome.

There's a 29-mile stretch of hilly, winding road through the Delaware State Forest that would be perfect at dusk to hear it. 

Wolf Man

• Sergeant
    • The Jedi Order
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 09:00:24 AM »
My favorites are Midnight Syndicate, have all their CD's and Nox Arcana's Transylvania.  I have some kooky old stuff like Clap for the Wolfman and Dinner with Drac among others.  They have a great nostalgia feel to them.  I also love soundtracks like Bram Stokers Dracula (with the exception of the last song when the credits roll, felt out of place). 

I really don't like the soundtrack though for Wolfman.  I am not a Danny Elfman fan.  That music could have been so much better if Midnight Syndicate or Nox Arcana did it. 

I really loved the American Werewolf In London soundtrack with all those classic hits about the moon.  Awesome. 
Even a man who is pure at heart......

TheWolfman

• Corporal
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 07:31:11 AM »
 How about the theme music from the 60's / 70's daytime  show DARK SHADOWS.
Even a man who is pure in heart,and says his prayers by night,may become a wolf, when the wolfbane blooms, and the moon is full and bright, AAHHOOoooo

HBSquatchMay2013

• New Recruit
    • Southeast Sasquatch Association
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 05:38:31 AM »
The answer to the question about the music used for Brigantine Castle is Toccata and Fugue In D Minor by Johann Sebastian Bach. Another great band as far as horror-themed goes is called Ghoultown, lead singer Lyle Blackburn, author of The Beast of Boggy Creek and Lizardman.
"The search for Sasquatch is like the search for the Holy Grail, except conducted by very unholy people."_Rene Dahinden

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 08:48:33 AM »
Music with a spooky or Halloweenish feel to it, what would you like to hear more of? 20's-40's swing, 50's/60's pop-surf? or  modern horror based music like Rob Zombie/ Misfits....

50's/60's pop-surf. The other two I can do without.

Here's a really good one by the Chesterfield Kings, but recorded in the 80's or the 90's:

The Chesterfield Kings-Running Through my Nightmares

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

LA Fear

• New Recruit
    • LA Fear
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 02:00:48 AM »
This is a really tough question... I divide Monsterous music into three camps:

1. Movie Sound Tracks (Halloween, THEM, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Forbidden Planet, They Live")
2. Atmospheric (Verne Langdon's Phantom of the Organ and Vampyre at the Harpsichord)
3. Popular/Novelty (Nature Trail to Hell, Mistress of the Dark, Do They Know it's Hallowe'en, The Ghost who Walks)

Of all these I would have to pick the song "Do They Know It's Hallowe'en?" by The North American Hallowe'en Prevention Initiative
SAVE LIVE MUSIC FOR THE DEAD www.LAfear.com