1964 A.B.G. Mummy pencil sharpener colors?

Started by Eye of Kharis, February 07, 2008, 01:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Quote from: hugohernandez on July 09, 2017, 08:05:37 PM
So now purple Wolfman is hard to find!    Wish I could find him in white.

Yes, the rare albino Wolf Man!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Palifan

Quote from: hugohernandez on July 09, 2017, 08:05:37 PM

so now purple Wolfman is hard to find!     I had this one from awhile back, and noticed his purple is off, just a little bit lighter than Etta or Mummy.

wish I could find him in white.

Well at least it means that I have one rare (ish), monster sharpener as well with my purple Wolfman. I'm sure he's still not really that rare but I'd say green in the easiest followed by orange. Such a shame that the Frankenstein one wasn't in the 90's find of them as it would mean we would all have a complete set of the characters.

Ian

hugohernandez

Palifan

Purple wolfman is impossibe to find nowadays, either ebay or people willing to trade.   I am going to assume your other purple one is ETTA?

or is it the Mummy?    either way hang onto those heads.

"hanging with the mothmen, everybody's favorite disguise"

Palifan

Quote from: hugohernandez on July 09, 2017, 11:16:58 PM
Palifan

Purple wolfman is impossibe to find nowadays, either ebay or people willing to trade.   I am going to assume your other purple one is ETTA?

or is it the Mummy?    either way hang onto those heads.

Just the purple Wolfman for me and I was lucky enough to pick him up from a local vintage toy shop I go to about 6 months ago, score!  ;D

ian

zman1981

Scored this painted up white wolfie last week off of Ebay.  Worked on him with some miracle eraser and rubbing alcohol.  Happy with the results.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: zman1981 on May 01, 2020, 10:55:49 PM
Scored this painted up white wolfie last week off of Ebay.  ... 

Oh, wow!

You got a GREAT deal for only $8.50!  I saw that auction, but did not realize that he was WHITE.  Otherwise, I would have snapped it up.

White sharpeners are rare and command a much higher price.  Funny thing is, the rare Frankenstein sharpeners are the most common White sharpener - all the other monsters are much harder to find in White.

Great score, zman1981!
ADAM

zman1981

Thank you!  I'm happy he cleaned up as well as he did.  Makes me wish I had kept the rest of my sharpener collection.  I would have had 15 of the 20 color/character combinations.  That was my orange mummy that sold in 2017, pictured a few posts back.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: zman1981 on May 01, 2020, 11:16:15 PM
Thank you!  I'm happy he cleaned up as well as he did. ... 

Never shy away from a painted ABG sharpener.  They do not hold paint well and always clean up beautifully.

(Anyone wanting to paint a cheap sharpener: use a good undercoat, or it won't take.)
ADAM

Hepcat

Quote from: zman1981 on May 01, 2020, 10:55:49 PMScored this painted up white wolfie last week off of Ebay.  Worked on him with some miracle eraser and rubbing alcohol.  Happy with the results.

Oh man! That turned out great.

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Monolith

Here's my white wolfman. My brother painted it back in the 1960's and I've had it ever since...

Painted 1960's ABG Pencil Sharpener by donald deveau, on Flickr

zman1981

Amazing keepsake.  Love it!

Hepcat

Quote from: zman1981 on May 01, 2020, 10:55:49 PMScored this painted up white wolfie last week off of Ebay.

The white ones may actually be my favourites! The lines of the sculpt really pop out in white.

8)

Collecting! It's what I do!

marsattacks666

Quote from: zman1981 on May 01, 2020, 10:55:49 PM
Scored this painted up white wolfie last week off of Ebay.  Worked on him with some miracle eraser and rubbing alcohol.  Happy with the results.

Looks awesome.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."