Author Topic: What is the coolest collectible you have for under 50 bucks?  (Read 4687 times)

BlackLagoon

• Sergeant
  • Halloween Hammer
What is the coolest collectible you have for under 50 bucks?
« on: January 13, 2010, 02:10:14 PM »
Not all of our favorite things have to break the bank! Some of our most important things might not be worth anything! (I have a few Remco figures who should have never got in the ring with a pack of firecrackers--and they are stillvery special to me.)

Anyway, so whats the coolest thing monster related you bought that cost you no more then $50.00.

Mine is a toss up between the London After Midnight Sideshow 12" (I think it was $40.00 when I bought it?) and the Marvel Legends monster set, which was pretty cheap and well worth it!

Honorable mention goes to the Movie Maniacs: JAWS set...though not "monster",  less then 50.00 and damn cool.
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

Kenneth

• Sergeant
Re: What is the coolest collectible you have for under 50 bucks?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 02:43:40 PM »
Probably would be my Sideshow 12" monsters. I got most of those fresh off the press for under $50 and I really enjoy them.

Gareee

• Sergeant
  • Happy Horrordays!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 02:50:34 PM »
Probably my Sideshow Wolfman Pozer.

That, or my resin Creech skeleton hand.

monsterphile

• Sergeant Major
  • UMA member since September 29, 2003
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 03:29:51 PM »
As a bargain hunter, I can count on one hand the things that I spent more than $50 on over the years.  I have been fortunate to have given some great things and eveery so often, a yard sale will yield some minor treasure.  The challenge somes in picking  a favorite.   I really can't pick THE favorite, but a favorite is my Zuni Fetish doll from TRILOGY OF TERROR, a it often gets a great reaction from visitors. 

Rob

Gareee

• Sergeant
  • Happy Horrordays!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 03:45:23 PM »
I've thought about picking him up a few times, but never saw him at a price that attracted me.

Elisabeth

• Sergeant
  • "...Oh, Heaven...what is this?"
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 04:09:06 PM »
My Colin Clive cigarette card, purchased in London...1988, for approx $30 US.
"E"
 ededed
"....I do hope he won't upset Henry..."

Unknown Primate

• Sergeant
  • Legend of Wildcat Creek
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 04:50:17 PM »
This is probably not my favorite, but is one I'm thankful for.  More than a few years back, I won the 12" Sideshow SON OF FRANKENSTEIN for $11.99 on Ebay.  Waited several weeks for it and after lots of emails & no responses, almost gave up on it.  Finally, the seller contacted me and said the box had been damaged.  Anyway, after another month or two of waiting for a replacement, he contacted me again and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.  He had just gotten a case of the (then) brand new 12" MUMMY & CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON and said I could take my pick!  I ended up with THE CREATURE (less than 20 bucks, including shipping!).
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

LundyAfterMidnight

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 05:00:41 PM »
The Famous Monsters of Filmland paperbacks.
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Opera Ghost

• Sergeant
  • "To my Christine, I am forever Wed"
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 05:40:01 PM »
Mary Philbin studio (signed negative) card/photos

5 bucks each

...but love my SS Monsters, and my Zuni fetish doll as well!

OG

"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

BaronLatos35

• Sergeant
  • "Now's the time for scary things..."
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 06:47:04 PM »
My 1961 Aurora Frankenstein and 1962 Aurora Dracula. Both were built up already. Frank was $25, Drac was $40.

I painted Frank for Halloween, Drac is still on the table. They both stand under the few lobby cards I have framed on the wall (i.e. the few my wife allows!). One of them is OG's gift this Christmas, the HOF title card.

One of the lobby cards on the wall is an original "Dracula Contra Frankenstein" Mexican lobby card I got for under $20 I think. I also have P.J. Soles autograph on a Halloween print ($20) and George Romero's autograph on a NOTLD print ($20).

Those are my favorites.
"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

charp13

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 06:59:22 PM »
I adore my Wolfman Pozer I bought at some weird second floor apartment/ monster store in Chicago for $25

Illoman

• Sergeant
    • Peel the Paint
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 07:56:23 PM »
It would have to be my signed photo of Raymond Edward Johnson, the host of radio's Inner Sanctum! I'ma huge fan of the show, and have only seen one signed photo of him and got it for under $20!!!

Mike

Wicked Lester

• Sergeant
  • You won't hear me until it's too late!
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 08:33:39 PM »
I have a few that I really like but this one has local history. In 1973 my sister worked as an intern at WGN TV in Chicago. Knowing what a monster kid I was she got this for me. This is not the one I have but very similar and it's in my den presently.

Herr Vogel

• Corporal
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 12:18:15 AM »
It would have to be my 1961 Aurora Frankenstein as well.  I got it built and painted by a modeler for under $50.

darkmonkeygod

• Sergeant
  • grrrrrrrrrrrr...
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 05:41:32 AM »
AHI Frankenstein squirt gun. It was a dime. Same yard sale I got the '64 version of the Ideal Godzilla game from, but the Godzilla game was ten times the price. Yep, a buck.
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!