"Famous Monsters" returns!!

Started by Phantom Stranger, January 09, 2010, 12:41:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Quote from: BlackLagoon on January 10, 2010, 05:15:49 PM
Thats exactly what I dont want. I dont need another Rue Morgue, Horror Hound or Fangoria...I dont read them to begin with. All I was hoping for was magazine that had a classic title with updates. Updates being glossy pics of classic movies. I dont need another magazine for B Rated gore.

Honestly I was excited about a new FM only because I thought the content would be what the old FM was.

I guess I just wanted glossy reprints.

BINGO

The Creeper

I will check it out when it comes out but it just wont be the same, I don't think.  If it is that would be awesome!
Long live the UMA!

marsattacks666

Quote from: BlackLagoon on January 10, 2010, 05:15:49 PM
Thats exactly what I dont want. I dont need another Rue Morgue, Horror Hound or Fangoria...I dont read them to begin with. All I was hoping for was magazine that had a classic title with updates. Updates being glossy pics of classic movies. I dont need another magazine for B Rated gore.

Honestly I was excited about a new FM only because I thought the content would be what the old FM was.

I guess I just wanted glossy reprints.

I agree with BlackLagoon, we really don't need another gore-type magazine. There are so many Horror magazines on  stands now.  For me, FM was the classic magazine. CLASS being the operative word.  How is the "new" FM going to compete with todays Horror-genre mag? What about Scary Monsters magazine?!?! Now that's a great mag.....and S.Ms. pretty much covers classic Horror.  It will be cool to see what the new FM has to offer. Or are we just regaling and hoping for the best? I think the last FM I bought was #226/July 1999.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Jscareshock

I just got word that the new FM by IDW will be quarterly and focus on younger readeers (IDW publishes Dr. Who, Star Trek, Transformers, G.I.Joe) and focus more on movies that would appeal to them.  So i do not know if that means things like Texa Chainsaw Massacre 100 or Tooth Fairy.