What Stage Productions/ Performances Have You Seen?

Started by Sean, December 07, 2009, 01:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illoman

Can't remember what year it was but I saw Gary Sandy in Grease.

Howler

Once Upon A Midnight starring John Astin as Edgar Allen Poe
"That ain't tactics honey. That's just the beast in me."

Gillfan

I have been very lucky. I have seen virtually every Broadway show since 2000.
I used to have the actors sign my Playbills after but I stopped after we moved last year to our new place.
You can see a few pix here:
http://www.timeout.com/newyork/style-design/apartment-tour-curator-of-curiosities

Broadway can actually be very affordable if you are a bit daring, utilize TKTS, and keep an open mind.

That said, I hated Spiderman and was so outspoken on tv that when I went to buy an item during a charity event they refused me.

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/showbiz/2010/12/24/bts.spiderman.show.reax.cnn

Count_Zirock

Let's see...my parents took me to tons of kiddie plays at The Paper Mill Playhouse in Kilburn, NJ. My first Broadway show was "The Wiz" in '73 or '74. I saw Langella in "Dracula," twice. I saw four different productions of "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" - original cast with Len Cariou and Angela Lansbury; 2nd cast with George Hearn and Dorothy Loudon; touring cast with Lansbury and Hearn; and a Paper Mill Playhouse revival with Hearn. I saw the Broadway revival of "Arsenic and Old Lace" with Tony Roberts, Abe Viggoda, Jean Stapleton, Polly Holiday, and William Hockey. I saw "The Phantom of the Opera" with Michael Crawford (Sarah Brightman was already gone, though). I saw a production of Ted Tiller's "Count Dracula" starring Carpet Grainger at the PMP, as well as a production of "Showboat." Saw my college's productions of "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" and "Little Shop of Horrors."
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Opera Ghost

Quote from: Scatter on June 10, 2010, 08:06:55 PM
Hey, my toe has been known to tap occasionally to an ABBA tune. But I can't picture myself buying an album or going to see ABBA-Lite.

However, I HAVE seen an Elvis impersonator. Back when I was about 12. My mom took me because I'm a huge Elvis fan, and frankly the guy was awesome! Not the fat, cheezy, fake Elvis voice guys you see so much. Dude had some pipes.

Adding to the List....we saw "Spank! The 50 Shades parody" after valentines day, and are seeing "Jekyll & Hyde" tonight at the Pantages.

Good news for POTO fans....A revised traveling show is set to go on tour, so Phantom will be back in Theatre once again. LM will be ecstatic, as is Mrs OG
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

Paladin

"Traveler of both time and space..."

Howler

I've also seen Blue Man group a few times in the past. Also my gf a the time took me to Spider-man Live about ten years ago for my birthday.  ;D
"That ain't tactics honey. That's just the beast in me."

Zackuth

I saw the 20th anniversary of Jesus Chirst, Superstar on stage.  I saw Barefoot in the Park put on by the local group, so local that my brother played the part of Victor Velasco!  I saw Sheena Easton on stage in 81.  And I have seen both Redd Foxx and Rodney Dangerfield. 
"Listen to them; the children of the night.  What music they make!"  Dracula

Flower

Not in any type of order .....

Fiddler on the Roof ..  ;D
Radio City Rockettes
Irving Berlin's White Christmas
Peter Pan
George Bernard Shaw's Caesar & Cleopatra
The Tempest
The Nutcracker Suite
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

WnewCreatureFeatures

Jesus Christ Superstar with the original cast 1971

Diversions and Delights, starring Vincent Price as Oscar Wilde

Once Upon A Midnight starring John Astin as Edgar Allen Poe on Halloween Night, met John afterwards he autographed my poster & spoke for some time with a couple of us about Poe , Addams Family , Brisco County , etc

zombiehorror

We've recently seen We Will Rock You, Bugs Bunny at the Symphony II and last night The Addams Family.

Sean