Author Topic: What Stage Productions/ Performances Have You Seen?  (Read 9957 times)

Sean

• Sergeant
  • The Godfather of Gore
Re: What Stage Productions/ Performances Have You Seen?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2010, 07:42:30 PM »
Took my 6 year old to the Paper Mill Playhouse to see Peter Pan.  We had a wonderful time!

Scatter

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2010, 09:51:34 PM »
Shameless promotion: I'm in Grand Hotel: the Musical (in St. Louis, MO) and it's set to go up in April. I'm really excited and telling everyone how great it's going to be. I'm playing Greta Garbo's role in the movie ver.

Other than that I just saw William Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night" a couple nights ago. Very well done, great comedy schtick throughout. Really had the audience laughing.

You gotta keep us apprised of the play's progress and shoot us some pics DollFace!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Scatter

• Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2010, 09:55:08 PM »
My sister is a set designer based in London and I'm ashamed to say I've only seen one of her shows, it was her first production and believe it or not the play was Frankenstein. Although I've only seen one I have been backstage on a few which was fantastic. I'm going to stay with her in the summer and will make a point of seeing another then.

My father is shall we say a little 'old fashioned' and recently he saw a production my sister designed about two gay lovers. There was apparently lots of kissing and as he put it 'naked cavorting' on stage and when I asked him what he thought of it he said he was 'aghast.'  >:D

I'm completely opposed to cavorting. I can put up with a little bit of light frolicking,possibly even an occasional romp,  but absolutely NO cavorting. That's where I draw the line.  ;)

Opera Ghost

• Sergeant
  • "To my Christine, I am forever Wed"
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2010, 10:49:44 AM »
Did see "Woman in Black" in Covant Gardens, London in 1996.

I have tickets for LA final Peformance run of "Phantom of the Opera" in September, ok big surprise

Ok, going out on a limb here....and took my wife to see Bjorn Again....an ABBA Tribute Band....not Theatre, but was a stage performance.

OG
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

long live kong

• Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2010, 11:46:27 AM »
I'm completely opposed to cavorting. I can put up with a little bit of light frolicking,possibly even an occasional romp,  but absolutely NO cavorting. That's where I draw the line.  ;)

Ha Ha Ha!! I like it.  ;D
Monster lovers never grow old....

Scatter

• Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 11:51:49 AM »
Did see "Woman in Black" in Covant Gardens, London in 1996.

I have tickets for LA final Peformance run of "Phantom of the Opera" in September, ok big surprise

Ok, going out on a limb here....and took my wife to see Bjorn Again....an ABBA Tribute Band....not Theatre, but was a stage performance.

OG

An ABBA Tribute band Gracie?? Man, you really LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE you wife.

Opera Ghost

• Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2010, 12:42:07 PM »
An ABBA Tribute band Gracie?? Man, you really LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE you wife.

LOL....it's worse than that. I actually like ABBA too.

I have extremely wide and varied taste in music, which outside of Shania & Faith, does not include Country.
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

Scatter

• Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2010, 03:06:55 PM »

LOL....it's worse than that. I actually like ABBA too.

I have extremely wide and varied taste in music, which outside of Shania & Faith, does not include Country.

Hey, my toe has been known to tap occasionally to an ABBA tune. But I can't picture myself buying an album or going to see ABBA-Lite.

However, I HAVE seen an Elvis impersonator. Back when I was about 12. My mom took me because I'm a huge Elvis fan, and frankly the guy was awesome! Not the fat, cheezy, fake Elvis voice guys you see so much. Dude had some pipes.

zombiehorror

• Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2010, 05:04:04 PM »
Another topic I been meaning to post about!

As an early Christmas present my wife took me to see Evil Dead the Musical back in October!!  I knew it was coming to town but had completely forgotten about it, though she ruined the surprise because she wasn't sure if I wanted the "Splatter Zone".  She called me up one day and asked; "Would you rather be clean or dirty?", that is a hard question to answer if you don't know the context so I told her clean of course...She proceeded to tell me it was for something she was taking me to; "Monster Trucks, Motocross, Jello Wrestling?!?!  The possibilities were endless....Well it took me 'til the next day to figure out what she was up to so I told her we could sit in the "Splatter Zone" but she had already bought the tickets.  Oh well, no splatter that night but the local theater troupe, Stray Dog, that performed the show did an excellent job!  It was an entertaining and interesting show, especially given the fact that Stray Dog performs in Tower Grove Abby.

CreepysFan

• Sergeant
  • UNCLE CREEPY
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2010, 06:27:02 PM »
My Mom got to see "Diversions And Delights" with V.P. back in 1977 (I believe).  I was just asking her about it the other day.  Lucky!
My mom took me to see this as well.  A one man show, with Price portraying Oscar Wilde.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

Monster Bob

• Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2010, 06:28:23 PM »
CATS
PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
MISS SAIGON
EVITA
THE MUSIC MAN
ELVIS-THE LEGEND LIVES w/ Rick Saucedo & The Jordanaires
MY FAIR LADY w/Rex Harrison
THE KING AND I w/ Yul Brenner
THE PIRATES OF PENZANCE
LEND ME A TENOR w/ John Astin
ONCE UPON A MIDNIGHT-EDGAR ALLAN POE w/ John Astin
ANNIE
SWEENEY TODD w/ Angela Lansbury and George Hearn
GUYS AND DOLLS w/ Ray Rayner
THE MUNSTERS AT THE SHRINE CIRCUS W/ Al Lewis, Butch Patrick, and Pat Priest
THE BARBER OF SEVILLE (in Italian!)
BEATLEMANIA!
BOZO'S CIRCUS AT CHICAGOFEST (from backstage)
THE LITTLE SHOPPE OF HORRORS
THE BJ AND DIRTY DRAGON STAGE SHOW
DISNEY ON ICE (several versions)
THE LITTLE MERMAID (Disney)
THE LION KING (Disney)

...and soon...

THE ADDAMS FAMILY w/ Nathan Lane

Add BILLY ELLIOT to the list

also Jonathan "Barnabas" Frid doing a one man show of horror poetry and readings.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 06:35:35 PM by Monster Bob »

Scary Terry

• Sergeant
    • Scary Terry's World
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2010, 10:20:22 PM »
On a recent trip to NY, the Mrs. and I saw MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET and really enjoyed it.  Tried to get ADDAMS FAMILY tix but it was sold out the night we wanted to go.  We were too early for Pee-Wee -- darn it all.  Too early for Spider-Man, too -- but maybe that was a lucky break, considering.

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
    • The Gallery of Monster Toys
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2010, 11:25:59 PM »
This year, I saw WICKED.  Loved it.  Great experience.

I took my dad to see SHREK for his birthday.  He loves those films, and he enjoyed the stage production. 

I saw two of Dollface's shows.  They were great and she was great in them.

Raymond Castile

Opera Ghost

• Sergeant
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2010, 06:25:09 PM »
Riverdance
Phantom of the Opera, (*at*) 12x
Wicked
Mamma Mia
Fiddler on the Roof

zombiehorror

• Sergeant
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2013, 08:14:33 PM »
Just caught The Book of Mormon last Tuesday!