Author Topic: Topps Batty Buttons  (Read 3183 times)

Monster Mike

• New Recruit
Re: Topps Batty Buttons
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2020, 06:11:58 AM »
meeee-owwww!!??

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2020, 10:21:17 AM »
There's a very good reason why politics isn't allowed on most boards. Speaking as a Canadian I had quite enough of the interminable bickering between Republicans and Democrats on these boards by 2003. Let's just say that neither sides' position was rooted in underlying principles. It was just partisan "We hate the other guy" politics.

And shall we say I'm not exactly shy about expressing my dissatisfaction. That can be unpleasant to some.

Meanwhile you've now been a member for almost 23 months. You've made a whopping 40 posts, none elaborate. You've given out zero Likes. Has the thought of actually contributing to this board occurred to you or are you here simply to be disruptive?

???
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 09:10:52 PM by Hepcat »
Collecting! It's what I do!

Buttonguy

• New Recruit
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2020, 05:15:39 AM »
I wouldn't call myself a collector. I only used to have that Navel button and lost it. I would love to have it back, and since I do have the I'm a Brain button, I was hoping someone here might be intrested.

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2020, 09:55:47 AM »
I have a complete set of 86 Kellogg's Pep Comic Buttons that were inserted in the cereal's boxes in the 1945-47 period. Here are some pics that I've lifted off the net:

The buttons all featured characters from newspaper comic strips. They were issued in five distinct series of eighteen buttons with the Superman button appearing in each series because Kellogg's Pep was also the sponsor of the Adventures of Superman radio serial.

:)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 10:04:26 AM by Hepcat »
Collecting! It's what I do!