Half-Human Yeti Customized.

Started by Unknown Primate, November 13, 2009, 04:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unknown Primate

I picked up this X-Plus HALF-HUMAN figure a few months back, but thought it could'ave looked more like the creature in the film.  So I went to work on it, re-painting & hiding the articulation points.  Thought I'd get the Army's opinion on how it turned out.

Here he is before...

And after...

" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

GAKENSTEIN

"Supernatural perhaps, baloney perhaps not!"

raycastile

He looks neat.  Were these meant to be toys or semi-finished vinyl kits?  I know they made a baby Half-Human monster, too.  I think they made an alternate version adult with a different head.
Raymond Castile

The Creeper

What you did to it really makes it look better.  You have done good!
Long live the UMA!

BaronLatos35

Nice work hiding the articulations joints.
"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

Mitchellmania

AHI Creature

Nicely done...how did you hde the joints?  His attitude comes through.  I also like how his natural habitat includes a giant HP all in one print scan fax machine.  (if he is 9 feet tall the printer must be about 4 ft high?)

Awesome.

hammerfan

nice job.  i always repainted the X-plus stuff too. they had some nice sculpts but crappy paint jobs for the most part
Have the Lambs stopped screaming Clarice?....Dr. Lector

Unknown Primate

Thanks for the input, UMA'ers!

Ray, as far as I know (which isn't a lot), he's just a toy.  I almost snagged the young HH, too.  And, yes, I've seen the one with the alternate head.  Don't know if it's the same as mine or not, though.

AHI Creature, I'm very new at this customizing stuff, but I just glued & painted some cotton over the joints.  At first, I was able to blend it to make it look like a continuation of his hair, but some of it turned out a little too smooth & stiff.  The articulation still works, too, though it's range of motion wasn't much to begin with.   BTW, I'm glad you noticed the printer.  Most legends have this kind of creature living in mountainous, snow-covered terrain, but I know better.  Now if I could just get him to fix the damn thing!

Also, I think the position he's posed in would make him feel right at home... on a surfboard!

Bogey

Looks just like your avatar!  Nice!

Unknown Primate

Sean

Obviously upgraded.  A terrific job with the painting.  The new coloring looks very detailed and came out very even in the picture. 

Barlow

Nice! He sorta reminds me of the monster from Horror Express, only done much better than in the movie!  :)

raycastile

I'm surprised no one has done a kit of the Horror Express creature.  I like that monster a lot.  A rotting, undead Yeti.
Raymond Castile

BlackLagoon

Well done U.P!!!! World of difference...very unique take and approach to a really cool figure!
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"