So, how many different canvas/ bristol board oil/water painters do we have?

Started by Anton Phibes, October 18, 2009, 07:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

Within our ranks, how many of you can/do paint besides Illoman and the Illustrious Mr. Horne?  I am just curious how many we have, and feel free to show some examples of what you do. Watermarked if necessary to avoid being copied. Feel free to use this thread as self promoting.  Maybe it will drum up some business for you, and it will certainly let us all know exactly how talented our ranks are. A friend of mine is an artists for Arkham House, and just recently I convinced him to do some things and put them on ebay.  So, it got me thinking how many of you here do this as well, and what's your medium of choice?

MonsterArt

I'm mostly known for my pencil caricatures, but I do work in most other mediums. My gallery show in Oct. 2006 was mostly oil paintings (with a few oil pastels as well).

Right now I'm working on creating oil paintings in the "Sketchy Things" caricature style, which I've never done before. Here are some works-in-progress. They're still very rough, but you can see where I'm going, I think.

All of the gallery show paintings were eventually sold, so this new wave of paintings are for upcoming shows.

This was a commission for fan & friend "Cousin Sara"...

This was taken at the '06 show (that's Bernie Wrightson and William Stout enjoying the opening party).

Don't forget about Bob Lizzaraga, a UMA member who does dazzling caricature paintings also!

Minion

sixshooter

Not much of an artist myself, my two sons are very talented, they take after my brother who has been illustrating book covers since the 70's. here is a painting my son Matt did, acrylic on illustration board.
Lee

MonsterArt

That  is an awesome piece, Lee! And entirely original! You must be proud of Matt!

sixshooter

Scary Terry

Add me to the list.  Over a decade of SCARY MONSTERS magazine covers under my belt.  Some examples follow.  Most are acrylic on illustration board.

and some other illustration work:

Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

BaronLatos35

Hey Terry, I have the Hammer Horror issue, didn't know it was you. Great work overall!
"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

Minion

Scary Terry

Quote from: Minion on October 21, 2009, 05:26:33 PM
At first glance I thought this was Dan Roebuck with a gun.

Ha!  That was actually an old high school buddy of mine who posed for that -- the girl is my daughter.  This was for the cover of "Together We Kill," a collection of Mickey Spillane short stories.
Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

Wicked Lester

Quote from: sixshooter on October 20, 2009, 01:29:03 AM
Not much of an artist myself, my two sons are very talented, they take after my brother who has been illustrating book covers since the 70's. here is a painting my son Matt did, acrylic on illustration board.
Lee

Your son has a lot of talent there Lee. Looks like right off the cover of Goosebumps or Fear Street. Cool.

sixshooter