Reaching out for a little information from our older members.

Started by Anton Phibes, September 28, 2009, 10:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

Hey gang---

I have to go for a medical procedure tomorrow.  About 2 years ago, I was diagnosed with CRPS (Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome). Meds have helped take the edge off, but pain is still there. Tomorrow morning I go for nerve blocks on lumbar region in an attempt to end pain.

My question is this: Has anyone had similar pain manifest itself as sciatica or other?  If so,Do the injections hurt, and how long do the effects last?

This is scarier than any horror movie. :'( :-\

Inkfink

I haven't gone thru this but wishing the procedure goes well for you. I'm sure the docs will do what it takes to make the injections as painless as possible for you. Good luck!

fmofmpls

Here's wishing you all the best Anton! If your like me, any and all medical procedures bring about instant anxiety, but in the end everything seems to work for the better. And I'm sure your procedure will be no different. Get a good night's sleep and try not to worry. That's an order!

BTW, I have a cataract that needs to be removed very soon. Needless to say, I'm already very squeamish! Eyeballs and surgery just don't mix well in my world. 
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Creature Features

Quote from: fmofmpls on September 28, 2009, 11:59:17 PM
Here's wishing you all the best Anton! If your like me, any and all medical procedures bring about instant anxiety, but in the end everything seems to work for the better. And I'm sure your procedure will be no different. Get a good night's sleep and try not to worry. That's an order!

BTW, I have a cataract that needs to be removed very soon. Needless to say, I'm already very squeamish! Eyeballs and surgery just don't mix well in my world. 

Not to worry, General. My dad had that done last year (he just turned 79 last week) and he said it was a piece of cake.
"It's Alive...oh, It's Alive! It's Alive, It's Alive...IT'S ALIVE!!!"

fmofmpls

Quote from: Creature Features on September 29, 2009, 12:49:15 AM
Not to worry, General. My dad had that done last year (he just turned 79 last week) and he said it was a piece of cake.

Good to hear Creatures Features. Thanks for the info!

fmofmpls

BTW, we do have an actual doctor in the house (army). UMA member and doctor Matt Jaycox may be able to provide some input here for Anton?

Maybe us old farts need to start a new thread named "Ask Dr. Matt." We can bombard him with all our ailments.  ;D

packy120353

typhooforme

Sorry to have no advice here--I'm definitely one of the oldest members--and I have sciatic pain at times--but have not had that procedure done.  Truly, the best advice is Relax and Accept--it will help!
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

BaronLatos35

"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

Toy Ranch

No advice or experience to offer here either, but best wishes to you.

Dr.Terror

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

toysoldierman2001

Anton,I have had them and they don't hurt.Unfortunately for me they didn't help much,but everyone is different so I hope that they'll work fine for you ;D

Anton Phibes

I just got back from the first of a series of appointments. Still groggy from the sedation. They said I "jumped" at one of the injections(I was out cold) so maybe they got it right off the bat. More later.

CreepysFan

Wishing you all kinds of luck and prayers with this Anton.  Don't know much about this, but I'm hoping everything will work out great for you.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

mike c

I've never been through such a procedure myself but I know a number of people who have (one who currently is) and all of them have experienced cessation of pain to a large enough degree that they think it was a miracle process!  ;D

That 'jumping' sounds really intriguing; might bode well!

Rest up my man-

Mike C.