Old Halloween photos of you as a kid

Started by The Phantom Creep, January 18, 2008, 09:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poseablemonster

A couple pics from 1991 and 1992, can't find any earlier yet.

ProfGriffin

Here are a few more from Prof. Griffin...(ah the long ago days of youth)

Costume I put together on the fly...a grave robber.  That's my younger brother as a Mummy...and my mom, the master of the costumes!

It's Halloween 1992 and I'm Gomez Addams!

My then girlfriend, (now dear family friend) Carey McLeod as my Morticia.  Guess who made her dress?  Yup.  My mom.

There's more to come...so many costumes....so many memories.
Rest in Peace,

Prof. Griffin
Horror Historian

Wich2

Andy & Joseph, them Addams'es pics is da bomb!

Meek

Fie and for Shame! I have no old photos of Halloweens long ago. Me Mum hated Halloween, and still does, so there are no photo ops from childhood. I can remember my Brother being dressed as a Vampire Bat(Ben Cooper or Collegeville costume) and Rattles the Snakeman another boxed costume. The reason why I remember them is because they were eventually handed down to me to wear the next year---our parents were trying to save money. On the chest of the Vampire Bat costume was a picture of a large bat flying out of a lava spewing volcano and Rattles the Snakeman's mask was one large coiled rattlesnake. The year I was Rattles the Snakeman I fell into a large hole that one of the neighbor kids had dug in their front yard for catching small Trick or Treaters like me---there I stood in the hole up to my armpits until my Father missed me and came back to pull me out.
    Somewhere there's a photo of me dressed as "Cardinal Biggles" from the Spanish Inquisition sktech on "Monty Python"---I was celebrating my 40th birthday at Chiller on Halloween.

"Meek"(Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!)
"I am like a Unicorn in a racing stable. Beast doesn't fit."   T.E.Lawrence

Wich2

NekroDave

I hate all these photos. They make me realize how lame I was (was?) as a kid. Not only do I not have pictures, I honestly can't even remember a single costume from my childhood. I know I went trick or treating. I must've worn something.....

Wich2

As promised:

\

(Oops - wrong Phantom!)

Best,
-Craig W.

poseablemonster

Wich2

Thanks, Andy!

(And thank YOU, Henry Hull, Jack Pierce, & Dick Smith!)

-Craig W.

Meek

Here ya go, Craig----"NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!"

I was sorry that I didn't have any of the proper instruments of torture like the Rack, or Soft Cushions or the most dreaded Comfy Chair but the airlines frown on people trying to transport such items. There was some fellow from the BBC who had been on "Dr. Who" countless times and was a guest at Chiller that year and I thought for sure that he'd be able to spot a member of the Spanish Inquisition but he thought I was the Red Baron Pizza mascot and turned very red in the face when he read my name tag which clearly spelled out "Cardinal Biggles, Spanish Inquisition".

Hmmmn, with a  moustache I look a bit like Jerry Calonna.

"Meek"(Confess! Confess!)

Wich2

Meek, I did not know that the Vatican sponsored its own World War 1 flying ace!

Fun, thanks!

-Craig W.

monsterphile

Unfortuantely I didn't get to wear a monster costume at 3 years old, although this bunny costume is horrific!

I did finally get to the Frankenstein Monster at age 5 or 6.  Like the jacket?  BTW, I wore the lion suit the year before.

I got to be Spider-Man in the early 70's (2nd grade maybe?)  My brother Chris was the devil.  Might have been his first non-handmedown costume.  It didn't last.

I got to be a skeleton, but the dagger throught the skull looked like a little hat to me.  Chris got the Spidey one.

Here's one from my early college years going for a living corpse like Griffin Dunne's character from AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON.  That's supposed to be a maggot-like worm coming out of my face.

Here's one from my mid-20's.  The glow emanating from my hands was actually a random light leak/defect from the Polaroid camera.  I was working at a camera store at the time.

I'm not sure what happened to the in between years when I was younger.  Maybe my mom didn't take pics those years.  I think I'll guilt trip her tomorrow.

Jim Bertges

I thought I'd toss in a couple of my two guys from a few Halloweens, they kinda fit in here.

Vampire Brendan with his vicious were-leopard brother, Justin.

Brendan a Vampire Count once again and his brother, Justin has transformed into a pirate.

Brendan once again in a cape, this time as the Phantom and Justin has his Werewolf on.

Finally Brendan as a Ferengi and Justin is Stanley Ipkiss from The Mask.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

Meek

Quote from: Wich2 on January 23, 2008, 01:33:39 AM
Meek, I did not know that the Vatican sponsored its own World War 1 flying ace!

Fun, thanks!

-Craig W.

Craig: So where do you think the phrase "God is my co-pilot." came from? Biggles is a popular fictional character in Britain and sort of an inside joke to the English. James Bigglesworth was featured in over 14 wartime flying novels.

"Meek"(Stick a Fokker in it)

ProfGriffin

Man, I LOVE this thread!
So many great costumes...and the expressions on the faces...the pride.  I love all of them.

Craig...your Phantom is ...well, words can't describe.  (No smoking in the Skull Cave)

Ok, here are a few more.

1994 as Zacherley.  It was THIS costume that convinced me to put together my own show and pitch to local Austin stations.  In fact, the frock coat I got for Zach...(found at a Goodwill!) is Griffin's coat to this day.

Back in time and I'm the Phantom of the Opera!
(Mom made me that cape...and I still have it to this day.  My son wears it now.)

Phantom Unmasked!

Finally, here are some pics of a costume I put together for the Premiere of Batman in 1989.
I was assistant manager at a movie theatre and we staged a show were the Joker and his goons take the theatre hostage...and of course Batman saves the day.

Test make Up

Final result in theatre.

Rest in Peace,

Prof. Griffin
Horror Historian