Started by poseablemonster, January 17, 2008, 01:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neonnoodle

"Goofie Goblins" ...?  Hmm.
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

gracebuster

Andy, a GREAT score!
I am sad to say that these small ghosts are some of the pieces that I am missing in the case that reflects the favorite toys of my childhood.

Had em', loved em'.

ANywya, congrats on the wonderful score.

The Phantom Creep

Oohh cool case Dan. I see Hugo in the corner.

Does that camera turn into a gun?

What is that photo in the frame of the kid (probably you) on (in?) a tv?
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

gracebuster

Good eyes, Shawn. Hugo is there!

The camera and radio both turn into guns (AGENT ZERO M)

And it  is a pic of me at 7 years old in a cardboard televeision,. My parents got it for me (sears maybe) because, even then, I was talking about being on television someday! weird, huh?

Tom Smith Monsternut

Where's your Mr. Machine Dan ? ::)

Tom
Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"

Morkai

These little ghosts are very nice, but very expensives too :( The Ebay prices are too much.
But I want see it glowing in the dark :)
Dan, every time that I see your collection I cry!!!! You have all the monsters in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!! strange that you haven't these Kooky Spookys...

poseablemonster

They are pretty expensive.  I got these guys for $30 each, $120 for the four which I thought was a fair deal.  I've seen them go a lot higher.   :o

fmofmpls

$30.00 a piece is a fair deal alright. That's about all I'd be willing to pay too. I know .. good luck finding them at that price.
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

poseablemonster

Yep, it was pushing my limit, too.  The guy who sold them to me is an old toy show friend, and he showed them to me over 5 years ago, but didn't want to sell them at the time.  Last Sunday, he brought them to the show and offered them to me.  It was such a BAD show that I practically had to do stupid human tricks just to gather enough money to get them!   :P

Morkai

And the glow in the dark of these ghosts are really so intense?  you said that was radioactive hehehehe. I have a skull that is very intese too and is like a candle in the night. Is a puzzle skeleton box called "Box o' Bones", the most glow in the dark stuff that I have.

poseablemonster

Oh, yeah.  These things really glow.  The little accessory pieces glow even brighter than the ghosts.

gracebuster

MR MACHINE?!?!?

Okay, another thing I'm missing. Not the plastic one , though. The real one!

Barlow

Toy Ranch wrote:

QuoteThis is the definitive website about them:

http://www.undermountain.org/KookySpooky.html

Hey, thanks! That's my website!  ;D

I put it up because these tiny ghosts are my Holy Grails of collecting! Glad to see people enjoying it!

Cool story about the Kooky Spookys...

I saw my first one when I was maybe 5 years old. I lived in Chicago and there was a neighborhood called Brighton Park just down the street. Big shopping area. It had a dime store there, and I went inside for Easter with my mother and grandmother. Looking for Easter candy and stuff. Well, I came across an Easter basket with this cool ghost figure with fangs and a banjo. Imagine the shock! What in the world was a monster toy doing in an Easter basket?  :o Of course, my mother and grandmother discovered right off the bat why their little monster kid wanted that particular Easter basket.  ;)

Apparently, the owners of the store had Halloween merchandise that hadn't sold (ie the Kooky Spookys), so they simply added them as miscellaneous toys to their Easter baskets. Unreal! I lost track of it as I grew up and moved, then about 10 yearsa go I found Ray Castile's site and discovered what those little ghosts were called! I recently won both Brother Mortimer (loose, sans banjo) on ebay, as well as Grandma McCreak (loose, no umbrella). But what a fantastic thrill to once again see these beloved monster toys!

I put up the website a year or two ago, as a tribute and so that other fans could find out mroe about them. I was due to put up a major update on the site, as I was corresponding with the son of Patti Peticolas, who created the Kooky Spookys. However, I lost most of the information during a computer hard drive crash, so I'm just now starting to recover the info. Lots of prototype info, historical notes, and other interesting stuff to come. I also wanted to get the commercial transferred to DVD so I could get the out to people a lot cheaper (basically just the price of postage and the DVD disc). I never intended it to make money off it, just to be able to get it in the hands of other fans.

So, hopefully we'll have the site updated soon. Hopefully in time for Halloween.  :)

NekroDave

Y'know, I pretty much managed to successfully ignore these threads when they first came up.  But you just couldn't leave well enough alone could you guys?? (angrily adds "kooky spookys" to ebay watch lists... )

ps- There must be some sort of weird time paradox going on because I'm pretty sure that Daddy Booregard is somehow the ghost of Flava Flav.

chrisnurse

They are really charming figures, I love Brother Mortimer!
You can't kill the Boogeyman