Kooky Spookys

Started by poseablemonster, January 17, 2008, 01:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barlow

Just talked to Scott, who has the original film I sent him. He's locating it now. Once he sends it back to me, I'm going to have it remastered. Can't wait to see the color corrected, sharpened end product!

Therin of Andor

Those UMA members on Facebook might like to check out my "Kooky Spooky" Page over there (I should have made it a Group but, at the time of its creation, we didn't realise that FB Pages were changing to be more suited to commercial ventures).
https://www.facebook.com/GlowingGhosts

Member Rob Bone was inspired by my Fimo custom characters (based on four of Patti Peticolas' unused designs). Since he only had one original accessory (Mama Kaskit's flower) in his own collection, he decided to make replacement accessories (watch, parasol, banjo and "Boo" sign) and then added two original characters, Grandpa Macreak, and a cute ghost dog he has named Boneyard! He put up pics this week!
Thiptho lapth,

Regards, Ian.

Therin of Andor

Quote from: Barlow on October 24, 2021, 07:00:13 AM
Just talked to Scott, who has the original film I sent him. He's locating it now. Once he sends it back to me, I'm going to have it remastered. Can't wait to see the color corrected, sharpened end product!

Any updates on this project, please Barlow?

Meanwhile...

[/url
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2o15uxD]Testing out an official "Ghostbusters" Ghost Trap
by Ian McLean, on Flickr

More tests of the "Ghostbusters" light 'n' sound Ghost Trap by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Thiptho lapth,

Regards, Ian.

Barlow

Sweet, Ian!

Here's the update. I have to send him a copy of the tape so we can add the sound back in. Over the decades, the actual film loses much of its tint, so it's mostly a reddish color. Almost like an old silent film where they dye the film. He was able to sharpen it and make it look much clearer and sharper, and we're going to see if there's a way to recover the color. If not, I'll have him color shift it away from red so that it at least approximates the glow in the dark color more accurately.

Therin of Andor

Quote from: Barlow on November 19, 2022, 03:06:01 AM
Here's the update. I have to send him a copy of the tape so we can add the sound back in. Over the decades, the actual film loses much of its tint, so it's mostly a reddish color. Almost like an old silent film where they dye the film. He was able to sharpen it and make it look much clearer and sharper, and we're going to see if there's a way to recover the color. If not, I'll have him color shift it away from red so that it at least approximates the glow in the dark color more accurately.

Looking forward to it! I know I saw the KS advertisement in b/w in Australia, as we didn't get colour TV Down Under until March 1975. So you could try eliminating the red shift by going monochrome for a version?

Finally set up the ghost toy cabinet by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Thiptho lapth,

Regards, Ian.

Barlow

Yeah, we can make it monochrome B&W. But we're hoping to be able to fix the full color somehow.

Therin of Andor

Thiptho lapth,

Regards, Ian.

Therin of Andor

Thiptho lapth,

Regards, Ian.

Hepcat

Cool!

8)

In which part of Australia do you live?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

Therin of Andor

Quote from: Hepcat on March 01, 2023, 03:05:54 PM
In which part of Australia do you live?

Penrith in western Sydney!
Thiptho lapth,

Regards, Ian.

Hepcat

Hmmmm, Sydney. So then I take it you're more of a fan of rugby than of Australian Rules Football?

???

Therin of Andor

Quote from: Hepcat on March 02, 2023, 05:04:42 PM
Hmmmm, Sydney. So then I take it you're more of a fan of rugby than of Australian Rules Football?

Sport? What's that?

(Yeah, Aussie Rules, while a national sport, seems to be more of a Melbourne thing. Sydney tends to be rugby league oriented - and it was always the preferred match to be televised on free-to-air TV in the 60s, 70s and 80s.)
Thiptho lapth,

Regards, Ian.

Hepcat

I'm well aware of the rivalry between Sydney and Melbourne. But as a Canadian even Melbourne would be too hot for me. I might feel at home in the mountains of Tasmania, or perhaps on the south island of New Zealand but....

:-\

Therin of Andor

Just notified through my Facebook page:

A cameo appearance for Brother Mortimer and Baby Spook'em in an episode of classic TV's "The Ghost & Mrs. Muir" (1968-70).

Kooky Spookys on TV by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Not sure which episode yet, but I just tracked down the boxed set of (now out-of-print) DVDs. So will hopefully find out soon.
Thiptho lapth,

Regards, Ian.

Hepcat

Please tell the rest of us when you find out.

:)