Imput on Universal Licensee List

Started by Universalrocks, July 30, 2009, 05:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Universalrocks

Monster Bob

Huh. If you look under the Moebius heading (the new Frankenstein at door model kit) under licensees, it states the kit is a "Karloff likeness", so I assume they wouldn't be offended if the kit looked a bit more Karloffian, right?

michblk

I would expect to see both Hallmark and American Greetings Monster Ornaments.

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

Jscareshock

Interesting on the Dept. 56.  My wife saw some in a store.  The Frankenstein with Karloff's likeness had NO copyright or license indicators yet the NON-Lugosi looking Dracula was clearly marked with the Unviersal license stuff.

Anton Phibes

Diamond Select is going to do figures and mini mates?

Dark Horse is going to do more comics?

Lugosi's name is taken from the Revell re-issues and other properties with actors' names attached? Poor Bela.  He cannot get any respect from big shots on either side of the grave. >:(

Monster Bob

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 30, 2009, 09:38:08 PM
Lugosi's name is taken from the Revell re-issues and other properties with actors' names attached? Poor Bela.  He cannot get any respect from big shots on either side of the grave. >:(

I wonder if there is bad blood (heh heh) in the past or price issues with "Jr." ??

Type3Toys

The Diamond Select is very interesting. Matel just announced it was doing mego-scaled WGSH again. The Diamond deal in progress mentioned 8"-12" figures. That would be cool to get some 8" mego-type universal monsters again!

MrDark1

Who is Diamond Select?  Anyone familiar with the quality of what they make?

Also, IS there going to Hallmark Ornaments ? !! 

Please, Please, Please...(Likeness Only hopefully)

michblk

Quote from: Type3Toys on July 30, 2009, 10:17:20 PM
The Diamond Select is very interesting. Matel just announced it was doing mego-scaled WGSH again. The Diamond deal in progress mentioned 8"-12" figures. That would be cool to get some 8" mego-type universal monsters again!

WGSH?
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

Anton Phibes

Quote from: MrDark1 on July 31, 2009, 02:31:17 AM
Who is Diamond Select?  Anyone familiar with the quality of what they make?

Also, IS there going to Hallmark Ornaments ? !! 

Please, Please, Please...(Likeness Only hopefully)

Diamond Comic Distribution center. They make toys now too. They make Marvel characters amongst other things.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: michblk on July 31, 2009, 12:05:11 PM
WGSH?

World's Greatest Super Heroes...ie the return of Mego style DC figures.  Announced at SDCC. Made by Mattel.

raycastile

Are these going to be Mego-styled, or Mego reissues?
Raymond Castile

ramsey37

Quote from: raycastile on July 31, 2009, 03:32:24 PM
Are these going to be Mego-styled, or Mego reissues?
Behold:
http://www.worldsgreatesttoys.com/wgtBlog/2009/07/29/mattel-worlds-greatest-super-heroes-high-quality-prototype-photos/
The Mego Museum has been agog over these figures for the last week or so. There's several multipage threads there about them.
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

zombiehorror

Quote from: michblk on July 30, 2009, 06:36:28 PM
I would expect to see both Hallmark and American Greetings Monster Ornaments.

BK

This ornament was talked about in a previous thread; http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=1399.msg33777#msg33777 but unless you go thru the cached version of the page it doesn't show up anymore and the page http://www.litreasures.com/xcart418/error_message.php?access_denied&id=44 says:

Access denied !
You are not allowed to access that resource!

Error ID: 44

MadCow

Holy crap, ESP Guitars are doing Creature and Wolfman guitars!!!  :o