So SDCC is here...Any new monster items?

Started by BANE, July 24, 2009, 06:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raycastile

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 28, 2009, 01:15:05 AM
Interestingly enough, the Karloff figure with multiple heads went down to its original price point of $69.99 on Executive Replicas website.  Wonder why? ::)

I'm sure we put the fear of God into them.  Don't mess with the UMA.
Raymond Castile

Gareee

They've probably been watching the hot toys and sideshow prices.. they keep escalating higher and higher.

raycastile

Quote from: tv horror on July 27, 2009, 06:50:42 PM
Do you know that while I was reading this thread I had a thought (yes I do have them now and again), well the thing is are our collectables on a limited timeline. I've noticed that it only seems to be baby boomers who are paying for the real serious stuff yet as we get older who is going to take our place. Will our collections all end up dumped or just sitting in some store house forgotten with the ages. When we were young monster stuff filled the shelves yet now even the recent revell kits are on limited distribution. I wonder if there is a way that this can be over turned.

One day, a Chosen One will emerge to lead us to a new era of Monster Glory.  All will behold the Age of Wonder.  There will be classic horror on "regular" TV – with horror hosts – every day.  All the films will be readily available on home video in pristine, restored editions.  The store aisles will flow with the blood of the inferior superhero and Star Wars toys, slain to make way for a tidal wave of classic monster figures.  We will find all our favorite characters on every shelf, with perfect likenesses, at cheap prices any kid can afford.  Universal will stop insisting on Frankensteins with green jackets and funny-looking heads.  There will be games, puzzles, costumes, cereal premiums.  Classic monster Halloween TV specials, Christmas specials, Easter specials.   Classic monster fast food.  Classic monster iPods.  Best-selling books on classic monsters.  Walk into any hip teen clothing store and the mannequins will look like classic monsters.  There will be monsters on the T-shirts.  The kids will ask you if you've ever heard of the Wolf Man, as if it were too hip for adults to even know about.  You can pretend to be ignorant while they explain who he is.  It will be a wonderful world.
Raymond Castile

Gasport

A-men Brother Raymond...you could have us all wearing black Nike running suits & drinking Kool Aid out in the jungle if you so desired. Lead us to the promised land.

joy and tom studios

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 28, 2009, 01:15:05 AM
Interestingly enough, the Karloff figure with multiple heads went down to its original price point of $69.99 on Executive Replicas website.  Wonder why? ::)

This was always intended to be the price. The guy who does ER's website made a mistake. Monster fans may be interested in this Frazetta statue coming from Reelart Studios.

Gareee

Gasport

joy and tom studios

The Frazetta piece was sculpted by Troy McDevitt and paintmastered by Joy Snyder. Due to the recent passing of Frank's wife it may be awhile before final approvals are secured and this can go into production.

Gareee

Anton Phibes

Quote from: raycastile on July 28, 2009, 03:25:47 AM

I'm sure we put the fear of God into them.  Don't mess with the UMA.

Oh yeah. definitely it. ;) ::). TomandJoy stated someone running the ER website got their wires crossed, and it was never intended to be listed as being either in stock or $175.