TOP TEN COMIC BOOK SUPERHEROES

Started by Dr.Teufel Geist, July 18, 2009, 03:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Quote from: ChristineBCW on November 02, 2017, 07:22:15 AMThen, uh, why was DC saying, "Oh well, just because the others collapsed 'due to sales', let's have OMAC and all the others..."

Indeed. OMAC and Prez (Uggghhhhh!!!) were such crap relative to New Gods and Demon.

>:(
Collecting! It's what I do!

Barlow

Love the green costume on the villain Wonder Woman is fighting! What's her name? Could you possibly post a larger/clearer scan of her? I'd love to see the costume better!

Quote from: Hepcat on February 21, 2014, 04:12:27 PM
Here are a few photos of my Batman Book and Record Sets including some of the interior pages:

Here are a few photographs of my Superman Book and Record Set:

And here are pictures of my Wonder Woman LPs:

8)

Barlow

I had to make a tree to sort out my favorites!

Top Ten Characters (Marvel)

Heroes

1. Thor
2. Blackbolt
3. Vision
4. Ikaris
5. Quicksilver
6. Nova
7. Spiderman
8. Adam Warlock
9. Iron Man
10. Namor

Villains

1. Galactus
2. Xorr the God Jewel
3. Dormammu
4. Ultron
5. Firelord
6. Dr. Doom
7. Kang
8. Magneto
9. A.I.M. (Agents)
10. Dark Messiah

Top Ten Characters (DC)

Heroes

1. Orion of the New Gods
2. Dr. Fate
3. Metron of the New Gods
4. Firestorm
5. Hawkman
6. The Spectre
7. Zatarra
8. Mr. Miracle
9. Green Lantern
10. Mon-El

Villains

1. Kobra
2. Darkseid
3. Sensei
4. Black Adam
5. Solaris
6. Titan
7. Molecule Master
8. Warlock of Ys
9. Eclipso
10. Merlyn the Archer

Top Ten Heroes (Marvel/DC Combined)

1. Thor
2. Blackbolt
3. Orion of the New Gods
4. Dr. Fate
5. Ikaris
6. Vision
7. Quicksilver
8. Metron of the New Gods
9. Firestorm
10. Hawkman

Top Ten Villains (Marvel/DC Combined)

1. Galactus
2. Dormammu
3. Kobra
4. Darkseid
5. Ultron
6. Firelord
7. Xorr the God Jewel
8. Dr. Doom
9. A.I.M. (Agents)
10. Sensei

Top Ten Characters (Heroes/Villains/Marvel/DC Combined)

1. Thor
2. Galactus
3. Blackbolt
4. Orion of the New Gods
5. Dormammu
6. Dr. Fate
7. Ultron
8. Kobra
9. Metron of the New Gods
10. Firestorm

Hepcat

Quote from: Barlow on October 28, 2019, 08:52:31 PMLove the green costume on the villain Wonder Woman is fighting! What's her name? Could you possibly post a larger/clearer scan of her? I'd love to see the costume better!

The problem here is the LP is too big for a standard scanner which is why I had to photograph a few of the pages instead.

Moreover Wonder Woman's antagonist in Amazons from Space was a one-shot character who was not part of established DC continuity. Therefore you won't find her other than in this LP. But!!! The LP isn't at all scarce and it's often available on Ebay and elsewhere at very reasonable prices. Therefore you can always just buy one!

What's most useful to know though is that the artist for the record sleeve and booklet is none other than the incomparable Neal Adams famous for his work on Spectre, Deadman, Green Lantern - Green Arrow and various Batman titles. Here are a few of my favourite Neal Adams' covers and other etchings:

8)

Barlow

Hepcat wrote:

The problem here is the LP is too big for a standard scanner which is why I had to photograph a few of the pages instead. Moreover Wonder Woman's antagonist is a one-shot character who's not part of DC continuity. Therefore you won't find her other than in this LP. But!!! The LP isn't at all scarce and it's often available on Ebay and elsewhere at very reasonable prices. Therefore you can always just buy one

Ah, yeah, I forgot an album wouldn't fit a scanner. Wish there was a way to get a better pic of the character. I love finding obscure characters. Can you tell me what they called her or what her powers were?

Hepcat

The name of the woman with the gargantuan hips is Llyra and she's the Queen of the Psi-Women of Regulus-Four. She's about seven feet tall but has no actual super powers. The Psi-Women had journeyed to Earth to spread a disease that prevents men from rising from their hands and knees thus subjugating them to womens' wills. Spreading the disease through the cosmos is what the Psi-Women do to pass the time. Llyra must clearly eat a lot as well to put that much weight on her backside.

:-\

Hepcat

Quote from: Barlow on October 28, 2019, 10:00:59 PMI had to make a tree to sort out my favorites!

Tis a daunting task to be sure! On any given day I find it tough to decide whether I prefer Green Lantern and say Queen Mera to Jaguar and Bat-Hound.

;)

Hepcat

Quote from: Wich2 on September 29, 2011, 04:40:34 PMBoy, how then mighty have fallen...

Not much love for poor Kal-El here!

"Mighty"? Boy are you out of touch! It's been sixty years since DC's Superman titles topped collectors' interests. Marvels have dominated the collector market since the mid-1960's.

Incidentally, anyone else willing to venture a list?

???

Barlow

I actually did this for a comic book project I was working on. I listed by Top Ten Marvel Heroes and Top Ten Marvel Villains and the same for DC. Then I narrowed it down to my Top Ten Heroes (Marvel & DC combined) and Top Ten Villains (Marvel and DC combine). Then I narrowed it down to my Top Ten Characters (heroes and villains, Marvel and DC combined). Here are my Top Ten overall characters for Marvel, then DC, then my Top Ten overall combined.

Heroes (Marvel / DC Combined)

1. Thor
2. Blackbolt
3. Orion of the New Gods
4. Dr. Fate
5. Ikaris
6. Vision
7. Quicksilver
8. Metron
9. Firestorm
10. Hawkman

Top Ten Villains (Marvel / DC Combined)

1. Galactus
2. Dormammu
3. Kobra
4. Darkseid
5. Ultron
6. Firelord
7. Xorr the God Jewel
8. Black Adam
9. Titan
10. Solaris

Top Ten Character (Marvel / DC  Heroes & Villains Combined)

1. Thor
2. Galactus
3. Blackbolt
4. Orion of the New Gods
5. Dormammu
6. Dr. Fate
7. Ultron
8. Kobra
9. Metron
10. Quicksilver
11. Hawkman
12. Ikaris
13. Firestorm
14. Firelord
15. Xorr the God Jewel

I had to make the final one 15 characters because so many were so close, they change over time with characters moving up and down.

All in no particular order, although Thor, Galactus and Black Bolt always take the Top 3 spots. Thor is my all time favorite Marvel hero and Hawkman my nostalgic favorite DC hero. Kobra is the greatest DC villain of all time!

YoungestMonsterKid

Quote from: Dr.Teufel Geist on July 18, 2009, 03:52:05 AM
Not in any order...........

1.WOLVERINE
2.GREEN LANTERN
3.SUPERMAN
4.BATMAN
5.CYCLOPS
6.NIGHTCRAWLER
7.MOONKNIGHT
8.SHROUD
9.FERRET
10.IRONMAN

I appreciate the inclusion of Nightcrawler.

Hepcat

Me I like Green Lantern at #2 plus Ferret anywhere on a list!

8)