THE HORROR OF IT ALL (1963) with Pat Boone!

Started by Monster Bob, January 09, 2008, 05:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monster Bob

So what do yoos guys think of THE HORROR OF IT ALL (1963) with Pat Boone? It was just on Fox Channel and it was my first view. I'm no Boone fan, but this flick is pretty OLD DARK HOUSE/ ADDAMS-ish and ol' Pat is actually sorta likable in a 'My Dad as he was in High School' kinda way. Also fun to see Valentine Dyall (from HORROR HOTEL) as Reginald- he is so cool and perfect for this type of thing (he's referred to as the "British Vincent Price"- actually, he's a bit creepier than Price!)  This film kept reminding me of TV's Addams Family- creepy/kooky/black, which this film preceded by over a year. David Levy's inspiration perhaps? And the HORROR house is chocked full of great horror props (torture devices and the like) ala Addams.  Perhaps Ruby Levitt (Addams set director) was inspired after a viewing(!)  In some ways, I enjoyed HORROR better than the sometimes stuffy OLD DARK HOUSE, a film I like alot.

BTW, am I the only one that has the hots for Andree Melly (a vampira type gal in this film, also that sweet vampiress from BRIDES OF DRACULA)?  Man, is she somethin'.

And I usually go for blondes.

neonnoodle

I haven't seen this movie...but Andree Melly, she has such an unusual face, with those doe eyes set apart like that.  Striking.
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

The Drunken Severed Head

"BTW, am I the only one that has the hots for Andree Melly (a vampira type gal in this film, also that sweet vampiress from BRIDES OF DRACULA)? Man, is she somethin'."

You ain't the only one, brother! I want her to bite me!

Never saw THE HORROR OF IT ALL.

CreepyJeff

Quote from: Monster Bob on January 09, 2008, 05:06:00 PM
BTW, am I the only one that has the hots for Andree Melly (a vampira type gal in this film, also that sweet vampiress from BRIDES OF DRACULA)? Man, is she somethin'.

And I usually go for blondes.

If I'm not mistaken, she's also the image used for the "Old Maid" card in the 1964 "Monster Old Maid" card game. 

Best,
Creepy Jeff

fmofmpls

Quote from: Monster Bob on January 09, 2008, 05:06:00 PM
BTW, am I the only one that has the hots for Andree Melly (a vampira type gal in this film, also that sweet vampiress from BRIDES OF DRACULA)? Man, is she somethin'.

Oh heaven's no! It was Andree Melley that first introduced me to something called testosterone. It was one the Spook Stories cards featuring Andree Melly from BOD that first seduced this innocent little boy. I remember staring at those fangs and then found myself staring relentlessly at her rack. It was the first time as a youth that I recall staring at a woman's cleavage. I couldn't stop staring, and I couldn't explain what it was that had entranced me. I knew I just felt "weird" if not a bit dirty for doing so. Now it's a part of everyday life. What I'd give to go back in time. I'd burn that card and never look back. It truly was the end of the innocence. Spook Stories destroyed my life.  ;D

The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

neonnoodle

The fun thing about vampires is when they smile.  It's too real to be fake.  You can tell the actor/actress is tapping into their own inner fiendishness.  Hard to take your eyes off that sort of thing.

Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

The Drunken Severed Head

So, Terry-- you gotta chance to be kissed and bitten by Andree Melly, Helen Chandler, or Ingrid Pitt. Who do you choose?