NEWS OF THE WORLD - Current Events (May Be Disturbing, No Politics Please)

Started by Toy Ranch, July 02, 2009, 05:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toy Ranch

Please put all mentions of news not pertaining to our hobby in some form or your personal life in this thread. 

Thanks

Dr.Teufel Geist

The Taliban in Pakastan are offering $7-14,000 dollars to families, to buy their children, to be used as Suicide Bombers.
Some of the children are as young as 7 yrs old.

What a sick world we live in.

Toy Ranch

Punkrockbillyjack13

Quote from: Dr.Teufel Geist on July 02, 2009, 04:44:30 PM
The Taliban in Pakastan are offering $7-14,000 dollars to families, to buy their children, to be used as Suicide Bombers.

You can say that again.

LundyAfterMidnight

I'm not saying never, it's unavoidable, but I seldom follow the news. There's only one source I believe is truly impatial, but for the sake of avoiding a political viewpoint, I won't mention it. (Clue: it's NOT one of the cable channels). But nearly every source, except for local new reporting, has a blatant political spin, which I find intolerable. I'm sick to death of partisian bashing, red flag waving, & general sensationalism for the sake of $$$ & ratings.

"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

dlhenderson

There was a kinda fun book written in the early sixties called "The Clone". The title doesn't refer to what we now call a clone. Instead, it was a collection of refuse and sewer stuff that came together beneath a city and formed a blob of "life". The material began to creep up into the city, eating anything organic in its path. The only thing it left behind was water. There's one interesting chapter describing the "clone" entering the plumbing of a department store. Near the end of the chapter all of the escalators in the store were little waterfalls of the warm H20 from the hundreds of consumed victims. Also reminds me of "The Heap" from early Mad magazine, about a pile of garbage that comes to life (wonderfully drawn by Bill Elder).

fmofmpls

The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

ChattyLMS

QuoteThe Taliban in Pakastan are offering $7-14,000 dollars to families, to buy their children, to be used as Suicide Bombers.

OH HOW AWFUL!  I wonder what happens if the parents refuse?
Laura ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Wicked Lester

preyer

just hopped on ebay to check out how much michael jackson memorial tickets were going for. thought ten grand was a bit on the exhorbanent side. then again, if you're dumb enough to pay it, i guess there's no lack of sleaze bags who'll sell it to ya. then again, i think it's despicable to profit off the tickets at all.

funerals and weddings always seem to bring out the worst in people, eh?

Unknown Primate

Preyer, man, you are so right.  Unbelieveable!
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

CreepysFan

This sleazoid disrespectful profiteering of the dead has been going on since Elvis died at least.  Your just NOW becoming disgusted with humanity? I'm not surprised parasites are trying to get rich off of Jackson's death. Even the media is still milking this for more ratings. Few in today's society have the morality that the monster kids on this site still seem to show.  Respect for the dead seems to be becoming a thing of the past, especially if profit can be made. The more years I live, the more I miss the mid Twentieth Century.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

Fester

An old friend of mine once said to me: "The whole history of the human race is governed by two factors -- greed and stupidity."

I used to think he was being cynical. 

Now, maybe he was right.