Author Topic: The Original Misfits  (Read 126 times)

zombiehorror

• Sergeant
The Original Misfits
« on: October 22, 2019, 08:37:31 PM »
The Misfits may not be everyone's cup of tea but I've been enamored with them since 1988.  I was lucky enough to attend their sold out performance at Madison Square Garden over the weekend and also got to see them back in April (the day before my birthday) in Chicago.  The Chicago show was killer; for those in the know; they performed Teenagers From Mars and Children in Heat back to back for the first time since 1983 (an awesome surprise).  The cool thing was there was no mention of it, they just ended Teenagers and went straight into Children; they continue to perform the songs that way but usually mention that Children is the next song.

The Original Misfits began performing again back in 2016 (just a few shows a year) and for fiends these shows are an historic occasion, after years of original founder/singer/songwriter Glenn hardly performing any Misfits songs (or even talking about the band), he is now performing full sets (27-30 songs) of the songs he wrote back in 1977-1983 and finally getting to do so under the band name he came up with.  There was also the in and out of court battles between Glenn and (bassist) Jerry Only which have all been resolved.  Rounding out the line-up of Glenn and Jerry are their original third guitarist (and Jerry's brother) Doyle; Dave Lombardo (Slayer) has been recruited to fill the drummer's seat and they've added Acey Slade (Murderdolls) on 2nd guitar.

Here's the wife and myself back in April at the show~

And here I am (again) and my daughter at the The Garden show~

It was misreported that New York would be their last show but they just announced another (that'll be #13) on December 14th(*at*)Wells Fargo Center in Philly; I would advise any fiend that can afford make it to do so these shows won't last forever.  Check out some Youtube footage of the recent shows if you are at all on the fence.

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
Re: The Original Misfits
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 02:27:04 PM »
Zombiehorror. You are lucky you had the opportunity to see the MISFITS. I wish I could see them with Glenn and Only. I can imagine how much of a blast it would have been. The footage on YouTube of the MSG show looks amazing.🤘
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

geezer butler

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 11:53:14 PM »
Very cool man, thanks for sharing! I think a lot of us here at UMA are big Misfits fans. I even like the two Michale Graves records. I'd love to see Glen, Jerry, Doyle lineup. I saw Iron Maiden at the Wells Fargo arena in August. I hope I can make it back for this show.

Mike...In 3-D!

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 12:56:06 PM »
That's awesome! I got to see them at their Riot Fest show in Chicago in 2016. I never thought I would get to see it. I'm just hoping that they eventually make their way to Detroit before they call it quits completely, since Detroit was a frequent stop for them during their original run.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."