Author Topic: Lakeside longing  (Read 2089 times)

darkmonkeygod

• Sergeant
  • grrrrrrrrrrrr...
Lakeside longing
« on: January 09, 2008, 09:39:40 AM »
Dunno if you cats are like me in collecting, but I imagine so.  I tend to focus on a grouping of things, seeking them out and amassing money to acquire them, typically in order of desire.  Then there are the things that pop up that I want, but just not right now, unless of course the price is right.  Well, the right price came up for something I'd wanted for years but never thought I'd spend the $125 minimum to get:  The 1964 Lakeside Create and Draw Monsters Complete Electric Designers Set

It's funny that I didn't already own this, as I'm a huge fan of the Emenee UM Enlarg-a-graph and Trace-a-graphs sets, with this being essentially a trace-a-graph. I'm also a huge fan of Lakeside's monster games w/ figural containers - a set I intended to complete before focusing on the Create and Draw.  Which brings me to this: I'm now seriously on the hunt and I'm putting the call out to the pack for:

the Lakeside Monstrous Monster Game which looks like Frankenstein and

the Lakeside Werewolf Monster Game shaped like the Wolf Man.

I'm looking for them in pretty good condition paint and sticker wise, and while not necessary that they be complete, it really knocks 'em down a peg if they're not.  I've paid as little as $5 for one and seen a sealed Werewolf NOT sell on eBay for $50, so who knows on price.  I'm open to trade as well, just lemme know what you're after.  I do have an extra Ghost if you're in the Lakeside market.  Here's the Ghost and Vampire for the unfamiliar:

PM me if you've got any leads.   Pix of the Create and Draw soon, including the exciting 'extra' that made me jump outta my chair hitting the BIN button.

Thanks much,

Shannon

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Roback

• Corporal
    • Megocentral
Re: Lakeside longing
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 10:18:30 AM »
Unfortunately Shannon, I do not have what you are looking for but I am familiar with the excitement that goes along with finding that special item that you've been longing for. I'm happy for you. Well done!
Robert Acquarulo

The Phantom Creep

• Sergeant
  • Used to be ZOMBOPHOTO
    • MySpace
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 12:56:46 AM »
Hey Shannon, don't forget the Lakeside Creature container game. It's much harder to come by but it's worth adding to the set.
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

darkmonkeygod

• Sergeant
  • grrrrrrrrrrrr...
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 05:32:55 AM »
Hey Shannon, don't forget the Lakeside Creature container game. It's much harder to come by but it's worth adding to the set.

Shhhhhhhh!  I'm keeping that one quite until I've cornered the market on the only four known to exist.  Outside your collection, of course. ;)
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

hhwolfman

• Sergeant
  • Awwww Little Mamby Pamby
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 11:27:48 AM »
I would love to see that auction link. I missed it.  HHW