EC GhouLunatics Custom Figures

Started by The Toyroom, January 06, 2008, 05:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Toyroom

I made these earlier this year for a Halloween custom figure challenge...

Greetings boils and ghouls! Presenting the triumvirate of terror collectively known as The EC GhouLunatics...
The Crypt-Keeper, The Old Witch and The Vault-Keeper.

The Crypt-Keeper is based on art by the legendary Jack Davis, The Old Witch by Graham "Ghastly" Ingles and The Vault-Keeper by Johnny Craig.

Hooded cloaks by Brian Leitner, CTVT skeleton bodies, original headsculpts over skulls.

Enjoy! Hopefully everyone is as much an EC Horror fan as I am
Think outside the box!

poseablemonster

Those are great!  Thanks for the pics.

monstroza

Very cool. I'm a big EC fan from way back. Are these figures one of a kind & not available?

Here are two Ghoulunatic masks I've made, the 3rd one is in the works.

NekroDave

Cool figures! I especially like the Vault Keeper.

Monstroza, I love the masks too. I totally had it in mind to drop you an email about them, but probably not for a couple months or so. I expect money will be pretty tight until the spring. :(

Have you guys been getting the new "Tales From The Crypt" comics? I just picked up issue 4 yesterday but haven't read it yet. Thus far, they've been pretty poor, imo. But it's still nice to just see them on the racks again.

mjaycox

Very nice custom figures and boxes. Great idea too. I once made a pair of Uncle Creepy and Cousin Eerie figures for sale (back when I still sold customs), but of course sold them before taking decent pics, because I am lame.  I never heard from the guy again. I would love to have pics of those now...

Beast witches,

Matt Jaycox
"I don't want to live in the past. I just don't want to lose it."
     -The Two Jakes

The Toyroom

Quote from: monstroza on January 06, 2008, 06:04:31 PM
Very cool. I'm a big EC fan from way back. Are these figures one of a kind & not available?

Here are two Ghoulunatic masks I've made, the 3rd one is in the works.

I made only the one set. I could remake them again I suppose.

Those masks are AWESOME BTW!
Think outside the box!

Scary Terry

The custom figures and boxes are wonderful -- and I'm knocked out by the sculpting on the masks -- nails the art styles perfectly!
Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

Dr.Terror

Those are cool, the skeleton bodies are a nice touch.   Can't wait to see CK DV. Awesome stuff.

Whats this about Tales back on the rack??   Reprints or new stories???
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

NekroDave

Quote from: Dr.Terror on January 06, 2008, 08:39:36 PM
Whats this about Tales back on the rack??   Reprints or new stories???

All new series. It's being published by a small press company called "Papercutz". The stories haven't been that great and I really don't like the interior art either, but I just can't say no to some new covers. $3.95 a pop, bi-mothly.

http://www.comics.org/series.lasso?SeriesID=25315

fmofmpls

Very impressive work gentlemen! Incredible looking masks and figures. The sky's the limit when your passionate about something. Very, very, cool.
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

The Drunken Severed Head

Terry's 1000% right. What beautiful labors of lovely the ugly three be. "Bubble, bubble, toil, and trouble..."

darkmonkeygod

Great work on all counts.  Imagine if Mego had gone in this direction.  Ah, if only...
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Wich2

Really sharp figs, Anthony!

I think I shared this in Ye Old Yahoo Days, but here's one I did for a collector -

- an attempt at making the Mego fig actually LOOK like Grey Morrow's beautiful box art!

Best,
-Craig W.

fmofmpls

Dear Craig. Very nice work! You nailed the box art likeness alright!
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Those EC figures are terrific, that's an inspired idea.