what was your 1st monster model kit you built..........aurora ???

Started by ICEMANN333, June 04, 2009, 12:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illoman

Quote from: OldTimey on June 04, 2009, 08:56:08 PM
My first model kit was the MPC Barnabas Collins. (1969)

You know, I'm glad you posted this, because I could have sworn I had a Barnabus model kit but wondered if I had just dreamed it up!

The only thing that survived all these years re: Dark Shadows are some of the paperback books I collected back then.

Mike

LundyAfterMidnight

The square box "glow" Wolfman.

I may be splitting hairs, but the Prehistoric Scenes sabre-tooth tiger came along first.
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

artistguy

The Wolfman 70's glow kit.. and that nifty orange smelling glue....:)

OldTimey

Quote from: Illoman on June 04, 2009, 08:58:12 PM
You know, I'm glad you posted this, because I could have sworn I had a Barnabus model kit but wondered if I had just dreamed it up!

The only thing that survived all these years re: Dark Shadows are some of the paperback books I collected back then.

Mike

I was barely five years old when I saw that kit on the shelf at Gaylords, I just had to have it. Dark shadows was the first show that ever scared me, it introduced me to the horror genre. It was from that show that I learned that being scared could be fun. Barnabas was the first vampire I ever knew about. My love of monsters began with Dark Shadows.

There's a beautiful factory sealed kit on Ebay right now. This is my holy grail. I hope I can pick one up some day.

Ebay Item number: 400049320197   

Here's a comic book ad for the Barnabas & Werewolf kits.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/jcmetalcoven/barnabas.jpg?t=1244152838
Darryl

ChattyLMS

Laura ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Vlad Tsepesh

Long box Aurora Frankenstein. . . Not only my first monster model, but my first model kit!

It was less than a buck, and my scrounging for bottles in the neighborhood quickly assumed a new level of intensity and purpose. I soon had Dracula, the Wolf Man, and--if memory serves--the Mummy. . .

Good times. . .

"If you resolve to give up smoking, drinking and loving, you don't actually live longer -- it just seems longer."--Sir Clement Freud

NekroDave

As I'm sure I've mentioned in the past, models were not a part of my childhood so my first ever kit was actually the El Baron resin kit from Ultratumba, done just last year. (Ah... what memories...lol)

I decided to add a little glow to it. That always helps...

I just got the new Revell re-issues of Frankenstein and Dracula so I'll be trying my first plastic kits soon too... Then, glow Big Frankie after that.

CreepysFan

My first model was the Aurora 'Forgotten Prisoner', a week later I bought 'Creature from the Black Lagoon' and a life sized 'Human Skull'.  Not sure what order I got the other models.  My brother and his friend blew up all my TV spaceship models with firecrackers.  Thankfully all the monsters were left untouched.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

raycastile

My first model was definitely an Aurora, probably the Creature.
Raymond Castile

Mcdee

First Aurora Monster Model was Frankenstein and I was hooked...I eventually got them all as they were being released for the first time in the 60s' ...My all time  Favorite that I still have today is the Addams Family Haunted House...I still have an Original one MIB...
Mcdee
Remember, it's not just a hobby, it's an obsession!

ramsey37

My first model was very likely the Allosaurus from the Prehistoric Scenes line. You can see the box in this pic:

The only two monster models I ever had were the Glow versions of the Wolf Man and the Forgotten Prisoner of Castlemare. I ended up getting almost all of the Prehistoric models.
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

Unknown Primate

The original Aurora Frankenstein was definitely my first.  When I look at my 90's repro, it still makes me very nostalgic for the monsters of my childhood.
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Toy Ranch

I built several around the same time, not sure which came first.

Blackbeard
Capt Kidd
Wolf Man
Frankenstein
The Phantom (Revell - The Ghost Who Walks, not Opera)
Flash Gordon (Revell)

azgillman

1 Glow Wolfman 2 Glow Hunchback 3 Glow Creature 4 Glow Prisoner

I can remember getting a color add for the Monster Scenes in a few kits and getting all turned on by the Vampirella and Victim illustrations-lol.