I didnt know that about you!/Share outside of Monsters!

Started by BlackLagoon, June 03, 2009, 12:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monster Bob

I take care of my 77-year old father who is in advanced stages of Multiple Sclerosis.

toysoldierman2001

Someone asked about what RPG'S I played well I play D&D,Rune Quest,Conan to just name a few.

BlackLagoon

Quote from: ChattyLMS on June 03, 2009, 07:34:54 PM
I'm glad I found all of you.  It's a nice club.  You have all been very nice to me.  I enjoy reading the threads and look forward to the posts after mine.  Thank you for having me among you all!

I agree with that statement 100%!!! Beautiful post, I'm glad you shared!!
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

LundyAfterMidnight

Quote from: Monster Bob on June 03, 2009, 07:47:06 PM

I take care of my 77-year old father who is in advanced stages of Multiple Sclerosis.
Thank you for sharing this. My heartfelt thoughts to you & your father.
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Wicked Lester

Hi. My names Mike and I'm an al... oops wrong group.
Aside from monster stuff I am one of those people that over the years have had sooo many interests/collections that I had to sell one to get into another. That being said I won't post ALL of them but have been into 70s G.I Joes/Redline Hotwheels / Tin wind-ups/Tonkas/ old playsets etc etc. See what I mean. I finally had to make a decision on what I REALLY want to be into and sold off a TON of stuff. I'm rambling here,back to square one.

Into music,mostly various forms of metal . Mostly Goth/Black Sympho/Viking/Power/Industrial and old school stuff like Savatage/Carnivore/Pile Driver/Metal Church etc. Some Early punk. On the other hand I like 90s rave/trance and bands like Delirium and Enigma. DEspise country especially old stuff like Dottie West and Conway Twitty. HATE Gangsta rap. I have been known to sing along to The O'Jays or Monkees.

I've been lifting weights pretty regular aside from injuries for over half my life. I have many perm injuries from doing stupid stuff and usually go with higher rep stuff now. Not as strong as I was 10 years ago but I can still beat anyone at my work on things like feet elevated diamond P.Us and bar dips done on a fork lift. Not bad for a guy 1 year shy of 50  :o.

Movies and TV. Prefer above all else 50s to mid 70s cop/crime shows. M-Squad/Dragnet/Mannix/Highway Patrol/Starsky and Hutch/Cannon/Lawless Years/Gangbusters etc
Also enjoy the old westerns both TV and movies. Johnny Mack Brown and Hopalong Cassidy to Steve Mc Queen in WANTED Dead or Alive to Daniel Boone.

I have painted at least 200 54-60 mm figures over the years. Mostly cowboys/Indians/pioneers but also Vikings and soldiers.
My eyes are done with stuff that small aside from some Marx Nursery Rhyme figs I promised my wifeI would do one of these days.

OTR especially the crime/cop stuff from the 40s but a few other things as well.

BEER. I am a member of Ratebeer.com and have rated close to 600 different beers. My preference on style changes with the seasons but over all I would say 1. Belgian ale especially tripples. 2 IPA's. 3. Strong European Lagers. In the depths of winter I enjoy a good Impy stout. (I'm sure this is greek to many of you). What with the economy and all my stuff I used to drink quite often is now a treat for a Saturday of holiday. Can;t afford $12 for a six pack so I am now drinking Icehouse and cheap Canadian Whiskey.

Skin art. My dream was to have a full sleeve a 3/4 sleeve full upper back and 2 full calves. Again economy sucks and I don't have 4Gs to finish it out.

I also enjoy working in my yard doing landscaping , planting flowers and such. All the while drinking good beer. It's a motivator. ;D
Later

Wicked Lester

Quote from: LundyAfterMidnight on June 03, 2009, 09:25:47 PM
Thank you for sharing this. My heartfelt thoughts to you & your father.

Same here Bro.
I was in a sorta similar situation a few years ago with my Mom.

ChattyLMS

QuoteI take care of my 77-year old father who is in advanced stages of Multiple Sclerosis
You're the best Bobby!  It's a hard job, and I no your dad really must appreciate your help.  Hang in there, OK?
Laura ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Cinemacabre

I collect autographs and old cameras, love all types of movies, I'm an avid reader and a huge Oakland Raiders fan, love animals, I'm one of those lucky SOBs who can pick up an instrument and, for the most part, figure out how to play it. I play guitar, drums, bass, some keyboards, a bit of trumpet. Very eclectic music tastes; Beatles, Cars, Neil Young, Benny Goodman, Rob Zombie, PFM, Woody Allen, Matthew Sweet, Three Days Grace, Chambers Brothers...
D'Entre les Morts,

Cinemacabre

Dr.Teufel Geist

Quote from: toysoldierman2001 on June 03, 2009, 07:59:18 PM
Someone asked about what RPG'S I played well I play D&D,Rune Quest,Conan to just name a few.

2nd edition or 3rd edition or 4th edition or all three?

Universal Steve

I am of course a Universal Monster collecter and fan. I consider myself a self proclaimed student of film. I like to study and watch old movies. I am a model builder (monsters of course) but instead of 99 cent pieces of plastic they are now about 150 to 200 dollar pieces of resin. But it is relaxing. I like going places and doing things with my family. I also just got my own XBox 360 so I don't have to use my sons all the time. I do spend a little too much time on it. My favorite game is an old one. Call Of Duty 2. I am facinated by it. The controls are easier to work than the newer versions. I play it online on XBox Live. My screen name is Wolfman1941 if any other gamer would like to play. Oh yeah, I also run a Universal Monster website that is going to be 10 Years old this September. I like to work on it when I have the spare time which is rare lately.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Richard

Quote from: Monster Bob on June 03, 2009, 07:47:06 PM

I hear ya', Monster Bob and I sure do understand! We've talked about this before of course. Yes, "advanced stages of Multiple Sclerosis" for my 55 year old wife too(chronic progressive).

For me, I'm not sure how this is going to play out but it will end very badly. I know that.

Monster Hugs to your father, Bob! (and you!~ Being a caregiver is tough)
Richard

Fester

Quote from: Richard on June 07, 2009, 03:52:15 PM
I hear ya', Monster Bob and I sure do understand! We've talked about this before of course. Yes, "advanced stages of Multiple Sclerosis" for my 55 year old wife too(chronic progressive).

For me, I'm not sure how this is going to play out but it will end very badly. I know that.

Monster Hugs to your father, Bob! (and you!~ Being a caregiver is tough)
Richard

Dang!  Its a small world.  My wife has MS. She was diagnosed in 1976 and it has been in remission until lately.  She started having seizures about a year ago. Under control now, thanks to Tegretol.  She is still mobile, but is pretty unstable and tires easily. Big problem seems to be memory loss.
Dave

Toy Ranch

Best wishes to all of you who are caring for family members with MS.  I don't have any personal experience with MS, but we cared for my mother-in-law through Altzheimer's and I know it's very difficult to look after family with chronic illness.  You are all in my thoughts.

Uncula

I grew up listening to big band music (I forget which post, but my Dad sang with the Merv Griffin Orchestra during WWII).   My personal favorite type of music is Bach Beatoven etc. and '70's soft rock (Eagles, Bread, James Taylor etc.  I play Trumpet and Bass guitar and used to sing in church until I began having trouble with my vocal cords (long story).
  Before I began to have health problems, I was involved in Martial Arts.  I earned a 1st degree black belt in an eclectic style of Karate called American Combat Karate - think karate's version of Kung Fu's Jeet con do.  When my son was abt. 12 yrs. old, he wanted to learn karate style , so together we took leasons in traditional Okinawan Go Ju Ru.
  I like watching old style Western movies and horse back riding.  And I like working on computers, especially upgrading and repairing (I'm working on repairing a Acer Laptop now.  It is a new style that came out this year, at least twice as expensive as most Acer laptops and hard to get replacement parts! I also like reading and writing poetry.
The children of the night.  What music they make!

Elizabeth

Quote from: Toy Ranch on June 07, 2009, 04:11:01 PM
Best wishes to all of you who are caring for family members with MS.  I don't have any personal experience with MS, but we cared for my mother-in-law through Altzheimer's and I know it's very difficult to look after family with chronic illness.  You are all in my thoughts.

I echo what Bobby said here... my best to those of you caring for loved ones, and likewise to your loved ones grappling with illness.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.