Author Topic: I didnt know that about you!/Share outside of Monsters!  (Read 9683 times)

BlackLagoon

• Sergeant
  • Halloween Hammer
I didnt know that about you!/Share outside of Monsters!
« on: June 02, 2009, 07:07:03 PM »
We are here obviously because of our great love for all things "monster". It might be fun to share some of the things your passionate about outside of the classic monster world and see what you may have in common with others here at UMA. From weight lifting to gardening and everything in between...(please remember the UMA rules!) I'll start...

Outside of monsters I love to lift weights, work out and be active. I play some adult rec sports here and there..street hockey, softball and as we speak I am trying to get a 7 man tackle football team together for an upcomming tournament. I also have trained in mixed martial arts, brazillian jiu jitsu, muay thai and escrima. WAY back I used to ride dirtbikes and play paintball..I love to play!!

I am a huge fan of music and am the vocalist in a hardcore/metal band. I literally listin to everything from AC/DC to Afrika Bambatta...Slayer to Nat King Cole. 90% of the time Im listining to some form of metal or hip hop.

Huge sports fan and ESPN head...The Philadelphia Eagles are in my blood. I enjoy Yankee baseball, Devil hockey and playoff basketball both NBA and NCAA.

Outside of collecting classic monster memoribilla and films I am a fan of Marvel and DC comics, Lionel Trains, G.I. Joe and anything NFL and MLB related..mostly hats and jerseys.

What about you? Lets see how many of us quote each other and find they have something other then monsters in common!!

"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

Dr.Teufel Geist

• Sergeant
Re: I didnt know that about you!/Share outside of Monsters!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 07:29:18 PM »
I love to read, mainly Fantasy books( D&D), I also RPG in Dungeons & Dragons/Boothill/RECON.
Some other Authors, I enjoy are Ted Dekker, Frank Perreti, Louis L'amour, Dean Koontz.
I listen to a variety of music, but most the time it's 80s Metal and Pop, but I do like Big Bands, 50s Rock, Classic Rock.
My favorite band right now is Nightwish, Finnish Metal opera, is the best way to describe it.
I collect Military Memorabilia, I have a WWII 1942 England civil defense helmet, a Korean 1954 Brittish helmet, Vietnam American helmet,
Iraqi helmet(brought back from the war by my nephew), Itallian WWII bayonet, WWII Japanese Arisaka Rifle, and a few nazi currency.
I also collect Hot Wheels, I have about 300 or so, I used to collect comics, but they started getting expensive.

Like to go out at the pond, and shoot guns with my friends, we also have remote control Rock Climbers, and thats pretty fun too.
I live in the country, by choice, cant stand the noisy city.

I am a huge Wrestling fan, I started watching wrestling when I was 9 years old.
I watch RAW/ECW/AAA/TNA/AWA.
I spend alot of my time on the internet, you can find me either here, or at Caws.ws, wrestling site.

I also like playing video games, I own a xbox 360, and love playing D&D type games,Wrestling, and shooting games.

BlackLagoon

• Sergeant
  • Halloween Hammer
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 07:57:59 PM »
I also collect Hot Wheels, I have about 300 or so, I used to collect comics, but they started getting expensive.

I used to collect Hot Wheels...I kept 2 of my treasure hunts and a handfull of others, but the bulk of it went to Toys For Tots....def had a good time with them though!
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

typhooforme

• Sergeant Major
  • "The Monster was the best friend I ever had."
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 08:30:47 PM »
For more posts about Who We Are, have a look at the home page, upper part--green letters--the GUEST BOOK.  40+ pages more of what members have posted about themselves!  We're sure a varied group!
Robert in Ohio

"I donít care what they do, so long as they donít do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

BlackLagoon

• Sergeant
  • Halloween Hammer
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 08:42:33 PM »
Ack!!! Stupid mistake and totally missed it! Sorry about that!!

toysoldierman2001

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 09:32:47 PM »
I too am a die hard Phila Eagles fan.  Used to go to their training camp when they were out at West Chester University.  I was also a guest on the Randall Cunningham TV show.
 I used to collect football cards but they became too exspensive to collect.  I also used to collect 54MM 21/2" American Civil War figures and paint them until my sight went.
 My interest now besides being a horror nut is being on the computer,playing role playing games,taking care of my dog and building models.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 09:39:32 PM by monsterphile »

Illoman

• Sergeant
    • Peel the Paint
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 09:47:44 PM »
I like the idea in this thread.

Besides monsters, I like painting (duh!), and am an avid reader. Some of my favorite authors include Frederick Buechner, Soren Kierkegaard, Robert E Howard (you gotta read his boxing stories!!), and Ray Bradbury. I used to collect comic books until they all started looking alike and costing an arm and a leg. I am a huge music fan, mainly progressive rock from the 70's, some classical (Bach), and blues. I enjoy collecting autographs of people whose art/music has touched me in some way. I spend way too much time on the computer, hunting down music and books!!

Mike

BlackLagoon

• Sergeant
  • Halloween Hammer
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 10:00:13 PM »
I too am a die hard Phila Eagles fan.  Used to go to their training camp when they were out at West Chester University.  I was also a guest on the Randall Cunningham TV show.

I think we chatted about that once before?? Just a heads up McFarlane toys released a Randall Cunningham figure in the new wave of QB's...he looks GREAT...and I'm sure you know OTA started today!!!

Dr.Teufel Geist

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 10:29:30 PM »
 I used to collect football cards but they became too exspensive to collect.  I also used to collect 54MM 21/2" American Civil War figures and paint them until my sight went.
 My interest now besides being a horror nut is being on the computer,playing role playing games,taking care of my dog and building models.
what RPG's do you play?

BaronLatos35

• Sergeant
  • "Now's the time for scary things..."
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 11:28:19 PM »
Outside of monsters and horror:

- Comics! I stated before I am a huge fan, everything from Punisher, Batman, Wolverine, Unknown Soldier, Criminal, Black Panther, New Avengers, all types of horror, war and indie comics etc etc...

- Avalon Hill/SPI War Games: Play about once a month with a few guys (some retired military). The Russian Campaign is my favorite. Also play: Panzer Leader, Third Reich, Panzer Armee Afrika, 1776, Onslaught!. Looking for a copy of Panzergruppe Guderian.

- I have been teaching Elementary School Physical Education for 13 years. Did Personal Training for a couple years on the side (early 2000's). Try my best to keep in shape by hitting the Gym 2-3 times a week (its harder the older I get!). Basic strength training with some cardio.

- Love to read. In my teens it was mostly fiction, my 20's alot of Cornel West, Bell Hooks, various Latino writers, poetry, my 30's mostly military history. Right now in the middle of Alan Clark's "Barbarosa: The Russian-German Conflict 1941-1945". Also reading "Aleister Arcane" by Steve Niles. Also still read the daily paper.

- Love music. Everything from Metal, Hip Hop, Jazz, Funk, Spanish, Blues, Rock and being from the DC area our own home grown Go Go.

- Washington Redskins fan all day here! Love them and football (played from age 8-21 LB/DL). Also like playoff basketball, sports in general.

- I love my wife (it will be a year this August!), our home ( we do alot of work ourselves) and soon our family (God willing).

- Lastly, love to eat, drink good wine, my Remy' on the rocks and have fun.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 08:46:45 AM by BaronLatos35 »
"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

Monster Kid

• Corporal
  • I may look ordinary; I am really a mad scientist.
    • Deborah Painter's Writing News
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 08:26:03 AM »
I love to go hiking in the woods, I love to collect rocks and fossils and I go horseback riding at any opportunity.  I ride English and at the age of (unintelligible) last year I jumped a two foot fence on horseback.

I love to spend time with my boyfriend and go on trips (mostly to monster conventions but also to California) with him to see sites of interest to movie historians) and I got him riding horses last year too!!

LundyAfterMidnight

• Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 10:12:29 AM »
I have eclectic tastes in music, save country & hip-hop (w/a few exceptions). I love Queen, Beatles, & Jethro Tull to scratch the surface. I experienced a chance of a lifetime singing lead vocals (metal) on a CD for a musician friend & fellow monster kid in 2001.

Life-long Dallas Cowboys fan, having lived there in my formative years; KC Royals fan, as most of my relations reside there, spent a large part of my adult life there also. The Kansas City metro area's one of my favorite places on Earth, as cities go.

I do a lot of long-term care outreach for my church, love to explore practical spirituality.....not getting "religious" , or saying I'm a nice guy..... this is what I do.

I love reading, "the arts", & all things nostalgia, also love folklore & mythology, lots of things that segue to/from monsters.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 10:32:17 AM by LundyAfterMidnight »
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

BlackLagoon

• Sergeant
  • Halloween Hammer
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 10:36:22 AM »
. I experienced a chance of a lifetime singing lead vocals (metal) on a CD for a musician friend & fellow monster kid in 2001.

Lundy that is great that you were on a CD is the music signed/known stuff?? If you dont want to post feel free to PM me, I'm a metal vocalist as well!

LundyAfterMidnight

• Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 01:53:51 PM »
Hi BlackLagoon! I'll PM you! Not that I don't want to share, I just might ramble. Let me know if/when you get it. My system's goofy, sometimes I double click w/out knowing too.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 02:24:47 PM by LundyAfterMidnight »
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

ChattyLMS

• Sergeant
  • I'm so cute!
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 02:34:54 PM »
Me?
I like music and I always seem to have a song in my head.  I used to even sing the Lost in Space Theme to the kids when I'd pass a dish of something at the kitchen table.  I know there's no words, but I sing a lot of do do do's.  I play piano.  I collect Chatty Cathy, Liddle Kiddles, and other dolls from the 60's.  I'm now into my monsters, I love my mini monsters.  I redress and reroot poor Liddle Kiddles that have yucky hair and no clothes.  That's really good because the results for the most part are nice.  I hate cooking.  I like to read biographies.  I just read a book about Helene Keller and a book about Marie Curie.  I love reading the technical info in books like Marie Curie and I love watching that kind of programs on the History Channel or the Discovery Channel.

I recently got an email from a friend that was having 4 Kiddles rerooted and the person quit right when some of the harder work came up.  So my friend asked me if I'd finish the work up.  That'll be a challenge because there are different types of rooting methods and they don't always work together.  I'll get those girls to look cute again.

I'm glad I found all of you.  It's a nice club.  You have all been very nice to me.  I enjoy reading the threads and look forward to the posts after mine.  Thank you for having me among you all!
Laura ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)