Your fave Non horror Non superhero comics.

Started by Wicked Lester, June 01, 2009, 01:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CreepysFan

I have all the underground 'Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers' comics from Rip-Off Press.  Definitely not something you want your kids reading, but these were hilarious back when I was a teen.  R.Crumb was also a bit hit for me back in the `70's.  I never knew about the age thing, as these were given to me by the neighbor as he was finished with them.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

Wicked Lester

Quote from: Gasport on June 04, 2009, 03:08:33 AM
WL,
      Yeah, i'm a big fan of the underground comics myself...i recently located my old stash of them tucked away [from the prying eyes of my kids while growing up] in my attic. I brought 'em all down and bagged 'em, giving them the respect they deserve. R Crumb has always been high on my list of Faves along w/ Gilbert Shelton, S. Clay Wilson and Rick Griffin. I used to get'em from Krupp's Mail order back in the day. All wonderfully depraved stuff! Who can forget Tommy Toilet [still have that poster] Wildman Sam, Mr, Natural, etc... I was delighted to find ALL my Zap comics in the stack, in decent shape and even the forbidden 3 issues of Snatch...better stop here don't wanna get banned! Keep the Underground flame burning, my friend!

If you have 1st or even 2nd prints of these check out the Overstreet Guide. I think you'd be surprised what some of these are worth. Wish I have kept mine. The only original I left is Binky Brown meets the "burjin" Mary. ;)

BigShadow

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

House of the Unusual Podcast

horror1o1

I'm a Crumb fan and Underground COmix fan.

It's all about the Horror.

CreepysFan

I used to love reading Crumb's comics.  The only underground stuff I still own, are The Freak Brothers comics.

Hepcat

The first two comics I ever bought as a kid! Here are scans of the ones I rebought some twenty years ago:

;)

Collecting! It's what I do!

Flower

I loved Archie .. Heckle & Jeckle .. Tom & Jerry ...  8)
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

horror1o1

Quote from: CreepysFan on May 26, 2012, 06:47:24 PM
I used to love reading Crumb's comics.  The only underground stuff I still own, are The Freak Brothers comics.

Crumb is awesome

Hepcat

Quote from: Flower on May 26, 2012, 08:44:14 PM
I loved Archie .. Heckle & Jeckle .. Tom & Jerry ...

Did you say Tom & Jerry? Here then are scans of some of mine:

;)

missdead13

oh geez.. i dont even know where to begin.. I LOVE COMIC BOOKS.. prolly more than most boys.. lol
I like everything from the classic DC ,Marvel, DarkHorse to horror ones of course like Chamber of Chills, Vault of Horror, Tales from the Crypt, Warren mags, etc. . to stuff like this.. Lenore ( kinda horror but not really . ) , Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, Scary Godmother, Milk and Cheese, . . I could go on all day. seriously.

" Your future is in an oblong box "

general gruesome

mostly the 1950s horror/science fictions ones, such as tales from the crypt, vault of horror, haunt of fear, detective comics (the ones other than batman), etc

Hepcat

The Fox and the Crow is one of my very favourite titles:

It's a brutally difficult title to find in high grade though.

8)

horror1o1

Quote from: missdead13 on May 28, 2012, 09:35:19 AM
oh geez.. i dont even know where to begin.. I LOVE COMIC BOOKS.. prolly more than most boys.. lol
I like everything from the classic DC ,Marvel, DarkHorse to horror ones of course like Chamber of Chills, Vault of Horror, Tales from the Crypt, Warren mags, etc. . to stuff like this.. Lenore ( kinda horror but not really . ) , Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, Scary Godmother, Milk and Cheese, . . I could go on all day. seriously.

good stuff

marsattacks666

Some of my faves. Gotta love Gold Key comic books and the Munsters.

Classic Harvey comic books. Hot Stuff

Love and Rockets

...and of course... Emily.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

CreepysFan

Groovy stuff missdead13.  I love Jonny THM, especially the stories with Squee in them.  Also a huge Lenore fan.  Just wish my Lenore stuffed doll would stay where I put it, things always moving.