Diener Industries Aliens eraser figures

Started by darkmonkeygod, January 04, 2008, 09:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkmonkeygod

Check out this blog that was linked to from the megomuseum with a great look at the late '70s Diener Industries Aliens which were also Happy Meal Toys!

http://kevin-mayle.livejournal.com/70053.html
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

The Phantom Creep

Ooohh, very cool. I'll have to go back to that when I have more time.

I love the Diener Aliens and have fond memories of them as a kid in school. Now if I can just find my I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE guy that I drew on and made a little sweater for. He's in a box somewhere...

I've been picking these up again and am putting together a little army.

I REALLY want the Happy Meal box that they came in but I never see one for sale.
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

darkmonkeygod

I sent the guy an e-mail telling him I was linking to him via UMA and inviting him to come revel over here.  Hopefully he will, or perhaps he already lurks among us!

fmofmpls

I believe there was discussion regarding these figures not long ago over at the old YG. If I'm not mistaken, I believe these figures were also sold at other venues besides McDonald's? Can't quite remember all the details, but I'm sure someone here knows.
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

darkmonkeygod

They were sold for years.  Toys R Us had them in two packs well into the 90s.

fmofmpls

raycastile

I have a coffee can full of my childhood Diener erasers.  I'd like to get the carded sets one of these days.
Raymond Castile

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: fmofmpls on January 04, 2008, 03:58:58 PM
Got a pic Shannon?

Apparently not.  I just scanned through my other other hard drive to no avail.  There are so many thousands of pix that are not labeled, it's possible I missed 'em.  Shawn may actually have some.  Of course his camera isn't working at the moment...

NekroDave

Cool to see all those in one place, with pics of their inspirations right there. Not sure if the author didn't know or just didn't bother to mention it but the 4 robots at the end are also knockoffs.

Dard= Getter 1 (from the Getter Robo anime)

and the last 3 are from the "Robocon" show:

Horta= Robo Gaki
Zama= Robocon (with a modified head)
Brak= Robo Gari

Dr.Terror

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

The Phantom Creep

I missed out on three carded sets on e-bay not too long ago. They didn't go for much either...-sigh-
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

darkmonkeygod

Didja keep the pix?  I remember you showing me the auction and its poor listing of the fact that it contained all three, but apparently I did NOT drag the pix onto my desktop...

Dr.Terror

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

fmofmpls

WoW! That is some great packaging! NOT. Still interesting to see alright. Thanks for the pics Jason. And thanks for looking Shannon. The Happy Meal box is cool though!

Kevin Mayle

Hi, I'm Kevin Mayle. I'm glad you e-mailed this link because I haven't posted on my blog in over a month and I was wondering why it got 30 visitors today. Glad you liked my Diener stuff. I've been trying to collect every color of ever figure and ship since that post. I was going to bid on those carded ones too, but it wasn't a full set, so I didn't. And because it had some colors I needed I would've have been too tempted to tear open the packaging. I snagged the pics and info for my blog from that neatocoolville.blogspot but I didn't know that the robots were knockoffs too. Thanks for that info. Do you happen to know if the four ships are based on anything as well? I checked out that megomuseum post too. It's pretty cool that they liked my drawings. Well, I'm brand new here, so I'm going to look around.