Author Topic: Christmas Goodies  (Read 1416 times)

ProfGriffin

• Corporal
  • Horror Historian
    • The Midnight Shadow Show
Christmas Goodies
« on: January 03, 2008, 05:21:18 PM »
I have not seen a share your Monster Christmas stuff thread yet...so I thought I'd start one.

I got Plastic Dead Men under the tree once again...but this year they were smaller than I was used to.

Still they glow in the dark and are creepy-cool!  I also got a set of victims for my undead army to attack!

Finally, my favorite Christmas gift came from my brother.  A huge life-size head in a box that when activated , lights up with colored pin spots, and glowing eyes tells your fortune with a eerie light up skull in a Crystal ball!
Yes, it's the all powerful ZULTAN!   (complete with Carnival Music background!)  The curtains in front open and close between predictions and it comes with a wireless mic that lets YOU be the voice of Zultan!

I love this creepy head in a box!

Really reminds me of penny arcades and sideshows...

The box sits on a long table in my Monster Room...
Rest in Peace,

Prof. Griffin
Horror Historian

NekroDave

• Inactive
    • CollectionDX
Re: Christmas Goodies
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 05:34:18 PM »
Oh, that Zultan is really cool. Nice score!

Fyi, there was indeed a Xmas goodie thread here:

http://universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=363.0

Nicole

• Sergeant
  • MALDITO!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 05:39:53 PM »
Glow in the dark zombies, and a box of horrified victims? Now that's awesome! I must know, what was the name of the company that made these? And I like the Zoltan too. I actually have a Zoltan widget on my Mac dashboard that gives random predictions in a creepy Microsoft Sam-style voice.
"If you can't learn to do it well, learn to enjoy doing it badly." -Ashleigh Brilliant

neonnoodle

• Sergeant
  • Horror Express
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 12:09:57 AM »
My favorite present this year?  An issue of Plop comics from DC...1974...I hadn't seen this comic book since it was in its run, and it was one of the titles I wanted to revisit, and now I have one.  Oh my gosh it's great!  So twisted and funny.
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

ProfGriffin

• Corporal
  • Horror Historian
    • The Midnight Shadow Show
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 12:15:09 AM »
Glow in the dark zombies, and a box of horrified victims? Now that's awesome! I must know, what was the name of the company that made these? And I like the Zoltan too. I actually have a Zoltan widget on my Mac dashboard that gives random predictions in a creepy Microsoft Sam-style voice.

Nicole, the company that made those figs is Accountrements.  They also make glow in the dark skeleton pirates (I have those too) and lots of other neat odd stuff.

Rest in Peace,

Prof. Griffin
Horror Historian

poseablemonster

• Sergeant Major
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 09:43:43 AM »
My favorite present this year?  An issue of Plop comics from DC...1974...I hadn't seen this comic book since it was in its run, and it was one of the titles I wanted to revisit, and now I have one.  Oh my gosh it's great!  So twisted and funny.
OOOOH!  I love PLOP!  That was one of my favorites as a kid.  My aunt's husband for about a year (maybe 1975-ish) lived in Sparta, Illinois and worked at a printing facility or something like that.  Anyway, he brought me stacks of comics when they came to visit and I had several Plops that I read until they fell apart.  I still have a couple of them, and they are real treasures to me.

MDG

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 10:39:45 AM »
Nicole, the company that made those figs is Accountrements.  They also make glow in the dark skeleton pirates (I have those too) and lots of other neat odd stuff.

They're available through Archie McPhee: http://www.mcphee.com/
MDG

Nicole

• Sergeant
  • MALDITO!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 01:47:04 PM »

They're available through Archie McPhee: http://www.mcphee.com/

Awesome, thanks for the info guys! :D
"If you can't learn to do it well, learn to enjoy doing it badly." -Ashleigh Brilliant