Author Topic: What Horror Board Games Have You Owned?  (Read 34958 times)

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
Re: What Horror Board Games Have You Owned?
« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2017, 12:25:18 PM »
I loved the Milton The Monster Show when I was a kid, and had the board game. A few years ago I bought one from an eBay seller to replace it.

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #196 on: April 18, 2017, 12:33:41 PM »
I have two fun Horror board games. But, too lazy to.post pix.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
« Reply #197 on: April 18, 2017, 12:43:17 PM »
I have two fun Horror board games. But, too lazy to.post pix.
Just post net pics! That's what I usually do since it's quite a bit of trouble to post pics here. You can usually find some pretty good images with a Google search and just hot-link to 'em. I usually try to use pics from Pinterest or a blog because some of them unlink quickly from some sources. Since we have 24 hours to modify our posts I usually replace the pic if it fades.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2017, 01:01:20 PM »
Just post net pics! That's what I usually do since it's quite a bit of trouble to post pics here. You can usually find some pretty good images with a Google search and just hot-link to 'em. I usually try to use pics from Pinterest or a blog because some of them unlink quickly from some sources. Since we have 24 hours to modify our posts I usually replace the pic if it fades.

Cool. Thank you for the info, h.h.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #199 on: April 18, 2017, 01:56:36 PM »
I loved the Milton The Monster Show when I was a kid, and had the board game. A few years ago I bought one from an eBay seller to replace it.

Cool game! That's another one I never knew existed until today.

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #200 on: April 19, 2017, 11:13:40 AM »

I've owned a few monster games but never played any of them.  They were acquired in my adult, collecting years.  None of these games existed in the 1950's when I was a kid.

This Escape From Frankenstein game was produced by the U.K. company Waddington in 1983.  I believe the point was to get completely around the board with a key and lock the monster inside the laboratory.

ADAM

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #201 on: April 19, 2017, 11:17:50 AM »
I've owned a few monster games but never played any of them.  They were acquired in my adult, collecting years.  None of these games existed in the 1950's when I was a kid.

This Escape From Frankenstein game was produced by the U.K. company Waddington in 1983.  I believe the point was to get completely around the board with a key and lock the monster inside the laboratory.

Neat-o game.

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #202 on: April 19, 2017, 11:31:25 AM »
In 1991 two Escape From Frankenstein board games were released.  The one in the U.S was issued by Pressman and the one in the U.K. was made by Peter Pan Playthings.  Essentially the same game, players tried to circle the board before the 6-piece monster could be completely assembled and catch them.

The U.S. version:

Both versions of the game used the same board.

The  U.K. version:

Although both games used identical boards, the game pieces differed.  The U.S. version is the darker green.  The U.K. version looks a little slimmer in his belted coat and wields a torch.  Here they are side-by-side:

I sure like the more menacing monster graphics of the U.K. game:

Even the two kids running away look cooler.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:39:10 AM by Monsters For Sale »
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #203 on: April 19, 2017, 07:26:01 PM »
Also have this Creature Features Game from Athol Research, 1975.  Plays like Monopoly.  Instead of real estate, you try to gain control of as many horror movie properties as possible.

The game uses these cards:

« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 07:38:17 PM by Monsters For Sale »
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #204 on: April 19, 2017, 10:13:18 PM »

This Monster Mansion Game by Milton Bradley was a big disappointment.  Intriguing box and uninspired contents:

ADAM

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #205 on: April 19, 2017, 10:20:35 PM »

I have an unopened example of this Monster Madness Game by American Publishing Co.  I think it is just as well that it never gets opened.  The box graphics seemed to promise much more than the contents delivered:

ADAM

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #206 on: April 19, 2017, 11:28:05 PM »
Those Frankenstein games are all pretty cool! Those last two have some nice graphics, just not on the boards.
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

darkmonkeygod

• Sergeant
  • grrrrrrrrrrrr...
« Reply #207 on: April 19, 2017, 11:35:34 PM »
This Monster Mansion Game by Milton Bradley was a big disappointment.  Intriguing box and uninspired contents:

Isn't that the truth? I adore the design of this game and it hits a sweet spot for me nostalgia wise as it was out in 1980, but what a clunker in terms of entertainment. I opened mine, played it a bit just once, and then kept it for collection. Right around the same time I talked my parents into getting the  Aladdin Universal's Movie Monsters lunchbox for me, swearing to my mom I would use it for school lunch, only to promptly keep it hidden any time it's use was called for. My dad understood.  :D
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #208 on: April 20, 2017, 07:34:51 AM »
Also have this Creature Features Game from Athol Research, 1975.  Plays like Monopoly.  Instead of real estate, you try to gain control of as many horror movie properties as possible.

The game uses these cards:

I wish I had this game.

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #209 on: April 20, 2017, 08:31:33 AM »

Like most classic board games from Milton Bradley, Transogram, Ideal, Parker Bros. and Hasbro.

:(

Some though featured boards with great graphics!

:)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 08:34:44 AM by Hepcat »
Collecting! It's what I do!