What Horror Board Games Have You Owned?

Started by The Creeper, May 05, 2009, 03:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Lester

Green Ghost when I was kid. That's it. I'd like a Ouija board but with all my paranormal experiences the wife said NOOOOOOOOOO F'N way!

bigbud

Lester! Where did you dig this old thread up!?  I gotta be the stick-in-the-mud,  the Ideal Haunted Mansion and Monster Lab do not qualify as board games.....taint no board, sweeties!  Love, Buddy

CreepyJeff

The Hasbro aka Hassenfeld Brothers Mystery games included:

Frankenstein
Dracula
Wolf Man
Creature
Mummy
Phantom of the Opera

There are a couple fantasy versions out there including Bride of Frankenstein and Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde.  I own Frank, Drac, Wolf Man and the Bride games.  Creature is the most valuable followed by the tough to find Phantom and Mummy games.
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"

Anton Phibes

Quote from: CreepyJeff on September 09, 2011, 05:02:41 AM

Frankenstein
Dracula
Wolf Man
Creature
Mummy
Phantom of the Opera

There are a couple fantasy versions out there including Bride of Frankenstein and Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde.  I own Frank, Drac, Wolf Man and the Bride games.  Creature is the most valuable followed by the tough to find Phantom and Mummy games.

Put some SHOW with the tell Jeff---lemme see some pics bruddah! These soakies have got me in a vintage kick!!!!!!!

Wicked Lester

Bud
Anton "dug" it up. I just did the initial carry.  ::)

draculafan

here ya go anton i have 3 dracula frankenstein and wolfman enjoy my friend :)

everybody shout time for the goolies get together

CreepyJeff

Thanks Dracfan!  My stuff is all boxed up and buried in my basement and crawlspace (dry thankfully) as I finish my basement.  It's been a few years since I've seen most  of what I have and so I'm afraid the pics couldn't be part of the equation.  Hopefully soon! 
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Wicked Lester on September 09, 2011, 11:27:40 AM
Bud
Anton "dug" it up. I just did the initial carry.  ::)

Weeeeeeell--I used the search engine rather than start a new thread. Some folks (on other boards I visit---not here) gripe if you start a new thread when one already exists. Others gripe if you dig an old one up ("necroposting). Cant please everybody...it was a 50/50 shot. 8). But i am glad I did because I saw some neat games. Tell me this: does it not seem that Bama's Aurora art more or less was the template for every other company's designs? Those games look an awful lot like the Aurora boxes,lol.

judd

Hepcat

Quote from: CreepyJeff on September 09, 2011, 05:02:41 AM

Frankenstein
Dracula
Wolf Man
Creature
Mummy
Phantom of the Opera

Plus there were Godzilla and King Kong board games made by Ideal.

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 10, 2011, 02:00:34 AM

Weeeeeeell--I used the search engine rather than start a new thread. Some folks (on other boards I visit---not here) gripe if you start a new thread when one already exists. Others gripe if you dig an old one up ("necroposting). Cant please everybody...it was a 50/50 shot. 8). But i am glad I did because I saw some neat games.

Well I personally am all in favour of necroposting because it not only avoids duplication but precisely because it unearths fabulous old threads like this one!

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 10, 2011, 02:00:34 AM

Tell me this: does it not seem that Bama's Aurora art more or less was the template for every other company's designs? Those games look an awful lot like the Aurora boxes,lol.

I'll tell you precisely that. It was James Bama's Aurora box art that set the template for the look the Universal monsters have had ever since he did those box designs. And that's a very good thing!

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

mjaycox

Here are some pics of my Hasbro Board games, including a fantasy game of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde I made. The Phantom game is my favorite in the series. I have the Creature game too (not pictured), but have yet to locate a Mummy one. If you have one for sale, or know someone who does, please contact me.

Here are some more pics of the Hyde game.

The board

Spinner board

Playing...

Instruction sheet..

Thanks for resurrecting this thread...

Matt
"I don't want to live in the past. I just don't want to lose it."
     -The Two Jakes

Mord

Matt, you are a genius and a true artist. Forget the Mummy, how about you selling that Jekyll and Hyde game? WOW! Off the topic, is that backdrop for London After Midnight from the Mezco Golem? I have a Golem, but it's never been out of the box.

mjaycox

Quote from: Mord on September 10, 2011, 06:47:43 PM
Matt, you are a genius and a true artist. Forget the Mummy, how about you selling that Jekyll and Hyde game? WOW! Off the topic, is that backdrop for London After Midnight from the Mezco Golem? I have a Golem, but it's never been out of the box.

Good eye-- yes it is from the Golem set. Works well, doesn't it? Dracula looks really good next to it as well. 
"I don't want to live in the past. I just don't want to lose it."
     -The Two Jakes

The Creeper

I would love to have those Universal Monster games.  I never have had them but I do have Monster Mansion, and Monster Madness games now.  Also a couple of Addams Family games and the Monster Squad game from the tv series.
Long live the UMA!